Map only scenarios of French Chateaus for PBEM'ing

You've read the title... smile.gif

Would love to get map only scenarios (small or medium size) of French countrysides/French Chateau maps for interesting PBEM battles with my opponents.

Can anybody direct me in this direction? Being in the wine business, this seems to be a natural extension of my activities! smile.gif

Kind regards,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

-------------

Wine cheers the sad, revives the old, inspires the young, makes weariness forget his toil, and fear her danger, opens a new world when this, the present, palls.

--Lord Byron, English poet (1788-1824)

Is that a South African plot to drop shells in our vineyards so that French wines and cellars will be shrapnelled to oblivious?

Uhh?

What say you?!

As a side note, and with the release of CMMOS, will need a vineyard tile to do what you propose...

Then being from Bordeaux, I may kick your ass around while avoiding to shell said tiles.

Now for the Grogs and History buffs, in the famed region of Beaune where some of the best wines is found (I'm willing to bet you know your classic), wine producers met the French and American troops to ask them to liberate the place without shelling anything nor driving tanks up to the wrong places.

Those scenarios would be infantry business mostly...

For those who don't know Beaune, here is a snap of the Hotel Dieu which is a former hospital where each year some of the best wines around are sold around the 3rd Sunday of November if memory doesn't fail me.

Fr-Co-6.jpg

I guess you can tell why people weren't to happy to be liberated by 155VT...

:D

Now as a side note and because I'm sure you are a fan of French wines, the plural form for Chateau is CHATEAUX.

French is not user friendly.

I mean, there's no friggin icons to click on when you study French!

I want a refund!!!

As a side side note (I'm getting side tracked) I just want you to know that I had a Mersault 1945 quite recently.

That's it.

Now you can drown in your own drool...

:D

Wincape ,

not sure if this is what you´re looking for , but... I have made a scenario called " The Chateaux " ( enclosed in my " PBEM Battlepack Vol.1 " ), featuring a Meeting Engagement between German and US Forces. The special thing about it: the map is symetrical to avoid terrain advantages and the forces are ( hopefully ) balanced. You can download it from the " Mini Campaign " section of my scenario site. One drawback: the Chauteaux of the Loire look indeed MUCH better :D

Cheers

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the info. Is it possible to do away with your units/forces selection on this specific scenario map so that I can use it for a PBEM battle with opponents? That is, we want to choose our own units after seeing the battlefield.

Winecape .

sure , feel free to do so.

Cheers

Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WineCape:

Tom,

Thanks for the info. Is it possible to do away with your units/forces selection on this specific scenario map so that I can use it for a PBEM battle with opponents? That is, we want to choose our own units after seeing the battlefield.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WineCape:

Would love to get map only scenarios (small or medium size) of French countrysides/French Chateau maps for interesting PBEM battles with my opponents.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Use the map from 'Village les Moulins' (at Der Kessel). Just crop it down to the area(s) you wish to use

Thanks Berli.

BTW Pawbroon, I was privilege enough to drink (no - taste!) a 1779 bottle of Vin De Constance with the owner of Klein Constantia recently. It was STILL DRINKABLE after all these years, a true testimony to the ageability of the Muscat de Frontignan grape, this specific rootstock clone being imported by Dutch Governor Jan van Riebeeck in 1656.

Regards,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

---------------

Wine is the one beverage that is fittingly used to accompany the workman's meal, to observe a memorable occasion, to inspire the poet, to minister to the sick, to welcome, to enhance cooking, to make a banquet perfect, to toast beggar or king. No other beverage has had such universal recommendation throughout the ages.

-- Gary Player, South African professional golfer

Any other Chateau(X!) scenarios out there apart from the ones mentioned above? The ones mention were interesting and well designed to play PBEM battles on, btw.

Regards,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

----------------

There is no doubt that as a remedy Beaune is infinitely more pleasant than

bicarbonate of soda, gentian-tonic or even Vichy water.

-- Maurice des Ombiaux in "Le Gotha des vins de France" (1925)

Winecape,

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I've e-mailed you a scenario I made called "Taking the Chateau". I designed it for single person play vs. the AI, but it should be playable for PBEM with a new OOB.

And the best in my "cellar" (pantry) is some 8-year old Mondavi Cab... sigh :rolleyes: I'll be trusting you to make some good recommendations if I somehow manage to win the RoW tourney. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by redeker:

Winecape,

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I've e-mailed you a scenario I made called "Taking the Chateau". I designed it for single person play vs. the AI, but it should be playable for PBEM with a new OOB.

And the best in my "cellar" (pantry) is some 8-year old Mondavi Cab... sigh :rolleyes: I'll be trusting you to make some good recommendations if I somehow manage to win the RoW tourney. :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Redeker,

Thank you. I don't seem to have received your scenario btw - care to mail it again. Mail address in my profile. (I Was away from home for a full week and my wife mentioned that she deleted some gibberish:rolleyes smile.gif

regards,

Charl Theron

-------------------

The best use of bad wine is to drive away poor relations.

-- French proverb