Current status of CMBB?

Anyone's guess as to when it'll be released. However, It's pretty safe to say there is no way it'll be in 2001. In fact, I would be truly surprised if it were released any time before March. This time around BTS has been extremely tight lipped about anything regarding CMBB. But, I would venture to say that if they were close to finished we would've seen a heck of a lot more screenshots or been hearing about some kind of additional features or even vague mentions of surprises, etc. Also, don't forget that they have to design and playtest scenarios, write a manual, etc. That work can't really begin in earnest until the game code pretty much finished. After all, there's not much sense in designing a scenario when the rules that govern gameplay are not yet finalized.

Bottom line, I fimrly believe that CMBB is still a long way off.

Well, we CM'ers originally wanted CM2 for the date when the Germans finally surrendered to the Soviets at Stalingrad.

However, seeing as how things are now, it might very well be in the summer of next year - hell, the date for the commencement of Barbarossa might be the official realease date for the game!

As for the beta demo, BTS said no. They won't do one, and when they do release a demo, it will be at the same time and stage as the full game.

Ah, this brings back some memories. What was it two years ago November when the first Beta was released. God, it was SO damned exciting. I can't believe it's been two years already. Sheesh. Man, I played that beta over, and over, and over again. We all did! smile.gif

Looking forward to the next round.

Cheers!

The only thing that can be said is it'll be released hopefully late winter. Whether that is this year or early next year who knows. I believe BTS has stated long ago their desire to finish it up this year so they can get started on the major engine rewrite beginning of next year for CM3