Where did my Panther(s) go?!

Hi,

right now I am in the middle of an operation, which shall remain name less as not to spoil it for the rets.

Anyway I had 4 Panthers, during an engagment with several Allied AFVs. I knocked out several Shermans, Stuarts and ACs. Anyway there were a few enemy tanks roaming around and 3 of the Panthers got hit. Not at the same time or anything in different turns. Well only their guns got damaged, all 3 panthers got damaged guns.

Now here is the problem: I rolled the panthers away fromt the battle (NOT off the map), since they were of no use and don't want to lose them.

I hide them and await the next battle hoping their guns will be fixed. When the new battle come around all 3 Panthers are missing, they are gone of the battle field. My 4th Panther is still there, the one that did not get hit.

Does this represent them being hauled of to the shop or something?

Thanx for the help!

They MAY be back later. I'm not sure how het repair system works in CM, but I assume it depends on the seriousness of the damage and the amount of presumed time between battles in hte op.

Eg if you are having 2 battles a day (1 daytime, 1 night) then they may be back quite quickly, but if yuor battles aer all assumed to be on the same day then it's less likely you'll ever see them again.