Der Kessel updates from the farside of the Moon!!

Hello Everyone!

"Der Kessel" is once again updated! wot do we have? well for starters we have three new members to help continue and support our quality of maps, battles and operations. smile.gif

what has been updated, Two yes two new Historical battles from TheDesertFox: The Crown of Thorns and Operation SPRING (Second Battle for Tilly la Campagne), one new semi-historical Battles from Germanboy: Into the East and one from PeterNZ: Polder Grave. And three amzing maps: Bocage, City Fight, Tank Country by Berlichtingen

so come one come all… and I'm off to sleep at my work station at work now. ZZzzzz

mensch

-----------

www.derkessel.com Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by mensch (edited 03-07-2001).]

Mench, you've probably just woke up, so good morning smile.gif

I must say that I've always admired you web design. What tool do you use, or have you done the pages by hand?

One thing though: the image links did not work when I visited the pages.

Excellent work. Carry on. smile.gif

Mensch, hi,

Great to see the update, your site carries a lot of quality stuff.

However, I have come across a bit of a problem. I downloaded both of the new DesertFox battles but when I tried to open them I got an error report. The report read words to the effect of,

“7000..bits missing from .zip file. Can not open”

I was not using Gozilla or any other download program, just the facility that comes with Windows ME.

Sorry to cause trouble.

All the best,

Kip.

PS. Same thing happened with both battles.

Guest Germanboy

Hey Peter - you could force Dalem and Croda to carry the Der Kessel sig too biggrin.gif

Good work Grego, as usual.

Thos who DL my scenarios, I am seriously interested in feedback, to make them better. So feel free to email me with your thoughts.

Cheers,

Andreas

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by PeterNZer:

That's a good idea! I will for the future. Joey Shaw should loose a battle soon, he can be my walking billboard.

PeterNZ

Hmm, not sure if we want Joe to advertise the site. Just be careful if you lose a sig battle to specify that you are allowed to keep the Der Kessel bit.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Originally posted by PeterNZer:

but, I don't loose sig battles! They are my uber-topplement device. I conquor all. I destroy, I maim, I crunch into tiny crunchy bits.

All is good

PeterNZ

ps. Got another Canuck scenarion in the pipeline

hey great... Dieppe? heh.. ouch.. that was no fun. (yes I know it was before op. overlord) but would be interesting to see.

to bad there are no costal mods for beaches and Larger landing craft.

- Steve? update? heh

-----------

www.derkessel.com Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

I'm interested in trying some maps, but I don't know how to use them. Do they have setup zones? How do you select and put units on the map?

Also, the der Kessel maps seem quite large. Are smaller ones available with bridges and other interesting things?

BTW, KiwiPete is close to final death at the hands of the Lawyer. Do you want to put your sig up for grabs? How about "I fought the law and the Lawyer won"?

------------------

You're never alone with a schizophrenic.

Originally posted by Lawyer:

I'm interested in trying some maps, but I don't know how to use them. Do they have setup zones? How do you select and put units on the map?

Also, the der Kessel maps seem quite large. Are smaller ones available with bridges and other interesting things?

BTW, KiwiPete is close to final death at the hands of the Lawyer. Do you want to put your sig up for grabs? How about "I fought the law and the Lawyer won"?

Lawyer, the maps are jut that maps, you can create your own setup zones and choose your own forces. Another way to use the maps is if you have a pbem'er which you want to play with and you agree on the map all you do is edit the deployment zones to your liking and save the map. since the Axis comes up first for buying troops when making your own battle, send the file to the Allied player first for him to buy his stuff, he saves the game and sends it to you (the axis player) and then you open it up and buy your troops.. save the game and open it up in battles/operations and take your side that you agreed on.. deploy your stuff and poof like a normal battle. er I hope this is making sence.. maybe germanboy can describe it better since english is my mother language and I can't write if my life counted on it (sad no?).

the other option is get a third party to set up the map with forces and send you the file.

germanboy? wat says you?

as for the smallermaps I a have a few on the works or finished I'll have to give them to the brothers to pick and weed though to get thier approval. wink.gif

[This message has been edited by mensch (edited 03-09-2001).]

Originally posted by Lawyer:

To add to what mensch said...

You can always crop the existing maps down to a size you want (hold down the shift key to crop from the south and west edges)