CM nastolgia.....

Hi....My name is Robert and I am a student in High School. smile.gif Anyway, I am one of the origional buyers of combat mission(back in June)....and I wrote as well as related with the e-mails all fretting about wheter or not the US postal service would delvier or lose it....Tensions rose...fingers sweated...and then one day as the mailman came down my block I looked and saw in his hand was a priority mail package.

Now in school due in part to me....CM is all the wargaming rage. I even got the demo installed on one of my teachers computers so I could play when I was done with my work. I am now working on starting a CM tournament with cash prizes. Thank You BTS for making this wonderful game.

Feel free to write back with similar feelings or experiances.

P.S. Dont forget the mac and OS 10 in future versions smile.gif!!

P.S.S. If it says im a junior member its because i havent been on here in a long time!

Originally posted by Pvt.Tom:

I remember High School, but we didn't have computer games back then...

Hell, we didn't even have calculators. But back in those prehistoric days when we did draughting with a pencil and typing was for girls and sissies, every test and every assignment in every course had marks deducted for spelling errors. My, my, how the times have changed... wink.gif

Guest Michael emrys

Originally posted by Pvt.Tom:

I remember High School, but we didn't have computer games back then, you kids have all the luck, ahhh, the good old days.

Yeah, all we had was sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll. Bummer.

wink.gif

Michael

All of my High School buddies are too dim or too addicted to console crap to play a real game that involves that dreaded word - thinking.

No, they would rather have their little Dweebcasts and Gay Stations. Anyhow, any introduction I attempt to make to this game (and I have made several) resulted in scholarly questions like "Ugh, does this game, like, sorta like Quake or something?" and "WW2? When did that happen? Lets just go smoke some dope in the basement, dewd"

Where do you live, Grenadiere? I might want to move there wink.gif

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

I think the point of this thread was CM memories so I'll throw one from the CM wayback machine...When Moon and Fionn were posting the turn by Alpha AAR I checked it constantly..Hanging on every update..Hoping for screen shots. At the time I was reading those I thought the game may be much more difficult to play, After the Beta demo came out I found that they just wrote engaging prose. The game is easy to play...difficult to play well.

And Michael all we had in high school was sex and drugs and rock and roll too..But it was mostly sex with myself and bad dope....but the rock and roll was GREAT.

My greatest memory was trying to make sense of the Peng I take our challenge public thread, and posting countless conjecture about the presense of SS hamsters in the game smile.gif

Then there was the "not so superbowl" haha.