Possible Operation setup bug?

I just finished the Villers-Bocage Operation, playing as the Allies using v1.12. After the 3rd battle, I got the AAR and map. The map shows that about 6 German vehicles were placed in a field surrounded on all sides by bocage. They had no way to get out, and so were useless during the entire turn, except when I approached the field from the other side of the bocage.

It seems that this is probably a bug, as I don't see how the tanks could have gotten in there in the first place.

I have a picture if someone would like it.

BeWary

------------------

"Liberty or Death?" Make it "Victory or Pretty Damned Badly Wounded", and I'm yours. - a prospective recruit during the American Revolution.

Alright, fine then, I'll post the picture. Maybe that'll make someone say something. smile.gif

Viller.jpg

------------------

"Liberty or Death?" Make it "Victory or Pretty Damned Badly Wounded", and I'm yours. - a prospective recruit during the American Revolution.

[This message has been edited by BeWary (edited 02-26-2001).]

A couple things, one, that op is supposed to be played from the German side, I can't imagine a more lopsided battle if played as the Allies biggrin.gif two, that looks to be the area where the Germans receive their reinforcements for the start of the second battle, I *think* the AI got so distressed at being stomped it never even bothered to deploy them biggrin.gif Hope that helps smile.gif

Thanks for bringing that up. We'll have Steve and Charles look at it. It's not a design error since there are no Half tracks in the original set up, they come later on in additional battles so the game engine handles there palcement. This hasn't happened in previosuly versions of game. Will look into it see if something need to be modified.

Los

Los