Squish?

I noticed something funny when I was playing with the Viller's Bocage scenario -

I had Wittman driving away from the village to get a hull-down position from the other entry road, while couple of panicked conscripts run across the road..

There was a panzer coming down the road at full blast and those guys ran directly under it!!

Splat!

Now the question is that did the tiger just mow them down with close-range mg fire or does CM really model street pizza?

Shades of Dune II perhaps?

There was another post in a different thread last week wehere the player swore up and dwon that some tank squished a squad. My understanding is this is not modeled either.

Some German tanks have those nebelwhatsis close range mortars, though I do not know if the Tiger tank is so equiped.

------------------

You hand in your ticket

And you go watch the geek

Who immediately walks up to you

When he hears you speak

And says, "How does it feel

To be such a freak?"

And you say, "Impossible"

As he hands you a bone.

- Bob Dylan Copyright © 1965

The Tiger has the Nahwerferwhatnot as ample example is given in Villers Bocage where you can be surrounded by swarms of panicked Brits.

Sometimes it even fires up many times which got me wondering how many of shots are carried in any case...

And there is no need to test the feature Barley as Steve and/or Charles clearly stated a while back that running over troops would NOT be an option.

------------------

You are not Obsessive-CMpulsive, you are Allied-Retentive.

Mark IV

I read that the early Tiger was equipped with mines on the outer hull and turret to protect against close assaults, and that they were later removed, most likely due to the complaints of some PanzerGrenadiers. Does anyone know if this is modeled and whether or not it could have been the cause of the "road pizza?"

------------------

Woot! - Maximus2k

The New CessPool

I have seen troops run down by shocked HTs before, so I would say it is modeled.

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.

Well, there goes one of my favourite CC2 tactics:

As the Germans, simply use your entire infantry force to fix and destroy all bazookas and AT guns (or piats). Then with your brave force of Stugs, charge the remaining allied infantry, running them over in a back-and-forth manner all the way across the map.

What, its not historically accurate to have StuGs with dozens of overrun kills inside of 5 minutes? damn grogs...

-J Anderson

Originally posted by abuassad:

nope. i hv 2 say that cm does support squishing. during the tutorial, 1 a german platoon hq went under my sherman unscathed, only to get wiped out by my waiting mg team.

smile.gif

Huh?? CM does *NOT* support squishing or overrun attacks by AFVs.

------------------

You hand in your ticket

And you go watch the geek

Who immediately walks up to you

When he hears you speak

And says, "How does it feel

To be such a freak?"

And you say, "Impossible"

As he hands you a bone.

- Bob Dylan Copyright © 1965

Originally posted by tss:

abuassad wrote:

nope. i hv 2 say

By the way, could you write in a way that us non-native English speakers understand also.

- Tommi

And in a way that us native English speakers could understand, as well.

------------------

Fionn has his rule of 76, I have mine. Mine is much simpler, I get to buy whatever I want ... you get 76 points.

-Joe Shaw