Daimler help needed

Well, I guess there's a reason we don't see a lot of Daimler armored car mods--this thing is difficult to paint! While the 3D model is pretty sophisticated, the way the BMPs fit is not, so you have to sacrifice a bit of detail to make things make visual sense.

It's slow going, but it's looking pretty ok at this point. If I had more time for modding then you'd have preview shots AND the release version of the Hetzer.

What I need at this point are some detail shots of a Daimler Mk II armored car. I can't turn up much info on the Web, and gawd forbid I actually go spend money on a book or something... ;)

Anyhow, anything you can do to help would be quite helpful. Scans, web links, etc would be great.

smile.gif

Welcome on board Andrew!!

That Daimler is a bitch.

Now because I was soooooo glad you said you'd do it, I'd dropped mine in mid course and switched to the Archer TD which is going quite well.

Resources for the Daimler off the Web are scare so I'll mail whatever I have to you.

As stated, I'd rather play with yours than cry over mine...

:D

marcel.vie@wanadoo.fr

Same problem with the Humber should you want to redo mine.

Some AFV and AC are just not sexy enough and it's bitch to get good material to model them...

Among what I have, I got some Jean Restayn profiles.

I suppose you know the quality of those.

You got my mail in the previous post.

Andrew, from our visit to the Imperial War Museum there are a few pictures of a desert Daimler. You can find them by using my membership number and IWM as cue for the thread title. Sorry, am on a slow connection, so I won't search now, and I am busy the next few days. If you can not find them, email me, and I send them to you post New Year. I have a dig for the pictures from Bovington.

I also tried my hand at the daimler a few months back, and it also sits on my drive. Bloody mirroring of left and right sides just makes this one a pain in the bum to do, if not damn near impossible.

Best of luck and hope you can work some way around the problem.