Bridge building?

Uh? I'm not quite sure, but... maybe in your case the water tiles surrounding the bridge are on level 2. If you then try to put the bridge say to level 3, the game will return it to level 2 because in CMBB and CMAK all interconnected water- and marsh tiles (including bridges and fords) always assume the height level of the lowest one. For example, if you set that bridge to level 1, then all the water tiles would become level 1.

I play a scenario in the ROW IV Tourney. It is called squeezing the Melon. There is a bridge at a high level... But that scenario is secured so I can't see how the scenario designer did it... But I will wait until the map pack will be released ;)

Who's the author? Maybe he'll tell.

And are you sure there has to be any special trick involved? Was the bridge's base higher than the surrounding water, or at the same level and just the bridge deck higher than usual? Because as you know, bridge height depends on map contours, so that if contours are 8m then bridges are many times taller than when they're 1,25m.

I think I got it...

Under the Parameters section of the Scenario Editor, I changed the Map Contours to "Extremely Steep 8m"

My water is at Level 7 and the land is Level 12 and I ended up with the same kind of scene you have in your first pic.

Hope this helps. Say, what are your water and land levels at in the second pic? My bridge looked like that when I had the water at Level 4 and the land at Level 19.

EDIT: Whups! I meant the land is set at Level 11. Sorry.

EDIT #2: After some experimentation, I found the difference between land and water levels has to be 4 to pull this thing off. The road and the bridge still don't seem to line up completely, but they're awful close...

[ April 17, 2004, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Bergerbitz ]

Originally posted by Bergerbitz:

I think I got it...

Under the Parameters section of the Scenario Editor, I changed the Map Contours to "Extremely Steep 8m"

My water is at Level 7 and the land is Level 12 and I ended up with the same kind of scene you have in your first pic.

Hope this helps. Say, what are your water and land levels at in the second pic? My bridge looked like that when I had the water at Level 4 and the land at Level 19.

EDIT: Whups! I meant the land is set at Level 11. Sorry.

EDIT #2: After some experimentation, I found the difference between land and water levels has to be 4 to pull this thing off. The road and the bridge still don't seem to line up completely, but they're awful close...

Yes thanks this is it. Heavy bridge and 4 levels between water and land smile.gif

Thanks again