Out of stock! take two

I'm blown away by this. I ordered my copy a while back, and it still hasn't arrived 17 days later. I got an e-mail from steve stating that it had been shipped the 10th. He also said that if it has not arrived by Monday I should send him a mail and he would ship me a new copy. How can he say this if they are out of stock? I thought that since BTS is such a small company everyone would be up to date on a thing like this?

I seriously hope it arrives on Monday, 'cause I'm off to Nicaragua for 9 months and if BTS can't supply games until mid february I will have left before it arrives

Bernhard

Guest Space Thing

bebbetufs,

I'm not sure if this helps but, ALL of the mail has slowed down some. (It must be that new administration.) smile.gif Anyways, the mailman says that the slow down is because of the mailing of the tax forms by employers. We haven't received ours yet.

I'm not saying that I understand it all and I do feel your pain on not having CM. Heck if you lived near me, I'd lend you mine for the weekend. Just remember that you aren't the only one awaiting something that should've arrived by now. Hang in there!

Guest Space Thing

Does anyone know if we will have to purchase CM2 directly from BTS or will we also be able to get it at a store? Has anyone heard anything about that?

Originally posted by Space Thing:

Does anyone know if we will have to purchase CM2 directly from BTS or will we also be able to get it at a store? Has anyone heard anything about that?

I think it's safe to assume that it will only be offered online. But I don't work for BTS, so take it for what it's worth.

Originally posted by Space Thing:

ARGHH! Read the Battlefront.com Manifesto. It explains why BTS has chosen the on-line distribution method. For one it cuts out a hellava portion of overhead in having to pay for shelf space. Besides, ever hear of people talking about waiting for a game to go to a bargain bin? Well, when you sell over the Internet, there is no such thing as a bargain bin. Only the developer can lower the price. I will also go out on a limb here and say that BTS might lower the price of CMBO as the development of CM2 carrys forth.

------------------

"Live by the sword, live a good LOOONG life!"--Minsc, BGII

"Boo points, I punch."--Minsc, BGII

"Buttkicking for goodness!"--Minsc, BGII

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 01-26-2001).]

Guest Space Thing

Originally posted by Maximus:

ARGHH!

Hey Maximus,

Ever hear of decaf coffee? Take it easy partner. You might blow a circuit. smile.gif Juardis and PeterNZer already answered my question.

Guest Madmatt

Originally posted by bebbetufs:

I'm blown away by this. I ordered my copy a while back, and it still hasn't arrived 17 days later. I got an e-mail from steve stating that it had been shipped the 10th. He also said that if it has not arrived by Monday I should send him a mail and he would ship me a new copy. How can he say this if they are out of stock? I thought that since BTS is such a small company everyone would be up to date on a thing like this?

I seriously hope it arrives on Monday, 'cause I'm off to Nicaragua for 9 months and if BTS can't supply games until mid february I will have left before it arrives.

Bernhard

We expect to have enough copies on hand to cover any replacements and "lost in the mail" issues as they crop up.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

We expect to have enough copies on hand to cover any replacements and "lost in the mail" issues as they crop up.

Madmatt

Madnatt - just to clarify. If you took an order then the order should have got shipped?

Just concerned because my order was close to when it went out of stock and I have to wait 10 days as it is to get it frown.gif

I wonder if the reason BTS refuses to make their over-all sales public is that if the big guys found out, they would offer BTS more money then they would know what to do with?

I can just see Bill Gates buying out just about anyone (not to mention a 4 man indy publisher like BTS) with the spare change from his right pocket of his K-Mart shirt.

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"