Why is it ?

That when I play a scenario (forget the name but about Whittmans last hours) as the Germans my 4 Tigers are wiped out in the first 2 turns. When I play as the British all my Shermans go almost as fast, even when I set up an elaborate ambush that lets me put 2 shells into a Tiger, from the side, from 20 yards away (they bounced off and he killed me with his first shot)

Mutter..mutter..mutter.

It was play tested by quite a few testers. You can win as either side, and while hard to win as the Germans in a two player game, it too can be done. Enjoy...

Welcome to the evilness known as a Rune Scenario...

Rune

I rushed the Tigers into town and picked apart the attackers as they came into view. There are some nice depressions you can go hull down in. I still ended up with one Tiger and oddly enough is was Wittman's smile.gif

I've beat that scenario on the first try. Granted it was the AI but judging from factors such as "how" Wittman died, the clear skies which meant allied air support and the wide open terrain for their best use against my slow Tigers I didn't like it one bit. Anyhow, if you need help this is what I did. If you change to ground view of your Tigers you can see that you do start off in slightly higher elevation and can actually achieve a somewhat hulldown position. what I did was kept 2 veteran Tigers in those positions with intervals of course. Next I moved Wittman and the last Tiger abreast and on hunt commands towards the town. The 2 overwatching Tigers did a magnificent job in covering the advance with all those Sherman variants popping up all over the place, opening the tops of a few and forcing the rest to pop smoke. Even got the suppressed the Fireflies from that position. Anyhow, when Wittman's team finally got into the cover of the town things heated up alot more with British armor and esp. fireflies appearing down the road. No problem with an elite Tiger crew and veteran crews for the other Tigers. Also from the town they could still get clear shots to cowering Shermans who pop smoke to seek cover from the original overwatch Tigers. Flank shots to the Shermans with my 88's and they were done. But the biggest threat that I forgot about was Allied airpower. It came as a shock to me when I heard the sound of props coming from the distance and watched in horror as it hit one overwatching Tiger. Luckily it only immobilized it without wounding anyone. Next turn I doublechecked and made sure Wittman was in the town. Why? The tall buildings provided excellent cover and made spotting him difficult I hoped. Good thing he was in there since there were a couple close ones with bombs going off but completely missing him. In the end, I bagged lots of shermans/fireflies. Not sure of the exact numbers but everyone averaged about 3 tank kills with an overwatching one achieving 4. More importantly none of my men were killed and only had an immobilized Tiger.

------------------

"Uncommon valor was a common virtue"-Adm.Chester Nimitz of the Marines on Iwo Jima