Limits to Specifications

Map size I believe is 24 square kilometers, and that may be only for Operation maps.

Ammo loadout is dependent on unit type.

Turn limit is 120 turns for scenarios. I think 20 battles for Operations.

Army size is really dependent on the total number of units allowed on a map, which I believe is 256 (although I'm not sure if that is 256 per side or total).

I had a fantastical idea - create a map about 30km square and give each side a large army (never mind regiments tongue.gif ) - instead of fighting a battle, it would be more like a war - i.e. on-map reinforcements, front lines etc.

Stupid idea? I though playing battles continually might get a bit boring. smile.gif

A number of us have had the same idea but the present engine is both great but somewhat limited.

We all hope that CMX2 will allow something like this in the future. However the present engine and human creativity can achieve alot!

Yes a "a non historical wargame" using CM, much desired and much hoped for. A very large operation can be found for CMBO, Tactics II. Its an attempt at this.