BUG: Units not firing after canceling ambush.

Dont know if this has been mentioned before but about 15-20% of the time when I have a unit with an AMBUSH command and I have to cancel the command to go move to another area for a counter attack. This unit will NOT fire at other spotted units in range. The only way they will fire is if I give them specific targetting instructions. But if the target they are firing at goes out of LOS (even for a second), those units wont pick up firing again, and wont acquire a new target. Needless to say you take quite a lot of casualties between turns and the unit basically is useless in a counterattack (since all the enemies it will find are mostly in close in, sudden LOS situation, which because this unit wont fire, means the whole unit gets pasted by one squad or some silly thing). Oh I should define what I mean by a unit, any group of people under command of one commander. I have two saved files (one of 2 different group of machine guns, and one of a platoon) not firing. I havent sent them in because my home internet access is hosed because of the Northpoint shutdown. I was wondering if A) this is a known problem B) anything is being done about it. It is a frustrating bug since in small maps you can have up to 1/3 of your defending force NOT firing. Unit Experience level doesnt seem to matter, i've only seen it happen with infantry units , not guns or afv's.

Any thoughts?

p.s. if one sumgun goes and starts spouting how X% of people in firefights in WW2 didnt fire guns etc etc, blah blah, i'll cap him! This is a bug and not designed behavior.

Honestly have not had the problem and I use ambushes with regularity. I find that units will sometimes ignore the ambush marker and fire on the unit if it is nearer than the ambush marker or poses a real threat. Feel free to send the turns to me when your net access returns. My mail is up there in under the Rolodex card. Thanks

Oh and please turn down the vitriole, people are much more likely to be interested in what you have to say when you approach it in a little kinder and gentler way. smile.gif

Yeah, have a problem here too. It's not all the time but I have in the past and just did yesterday again. I can't figure out what the problem is and it's only for that one turn. After that all is well. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or maybe it is the game? :confused:

Oh, another note. I seem to only notice the problem with vehicles like the Greyhound. I use that vehicle a lot and perhaps that's why I see it but it do happen. I actually never noticed it with troops???? just vehicles??? :(