Applying winter and sound mods on a mac

dunc

When applying graphical mods, I usually open the graphic file in ResEdit and then copy and paste the image into the corresponding window.

I know that you can apply winter mods so that they appear when there is snow on the ground. So how do I do this?

Also, how do I apply sound mods?

Thanks.

Yes i can whole heartedly recommend the Rats mod manager MCM3( Mac Combat Mission Mod Manager) over ResEdit..its much easier on the wrist and a doddle to use once you read the clear instructions.

When i started to make mods i spent more time using ResEdit pasting when i should have been making..then Aikidorat gave us his program.

....ok Rat ..thats yer ego swelled enough fer this year..back to the front with ye wink.gif

Regards

Måkjager

------------------

Once an Ubërcabbage

Always an Ubërcabbage

if you really want to use ResEdit to insert the winter mods, all you have to do is paste them into an existing resource file - CM looks for the "1" first digit in the resource ID, and if it finds it, places the winter mod into the game. If you look at the ID numbers (or bmp file names), the winter mods correspond to the 'normal' textures, just with the "1" added.

a hint:

MCM3 and CM Mac Mod place the winter mods all into Graphics 13. If you manually insert them and want to use MCM3 or CM mac mod later, be certain to paste them into G13.

We did this to avoid having too large of graphics resource files, though we appear to have reached a limit lately (16 megs or so?).

Sound mods:

MCM3 has a mapping button to show where the graphics and sounds are located (which resource file the mod goes into). To use sounds, you need to convert them to mac system sounds, then use MCM3 or resEdit to paste them in. Easier with MCM3, though not as elegant as I would like. not much time to fix that right now, and it works.

welcome to CM and mac modding!

Give MCM3 a try, let me know what you think.

thanks

dave

------------------

History is made at night

[This message has been edited by aikidorat (edited 02-22-2001).]