Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Jarmo's multiplayer minicampaign vs AI. Players wanted!

I've taken part in so many multiplayer thingies and had so much fun with them it's about time I return the favour.

The basic idea is:

A bunch of players play singleplayer scenarios I provide, the outcome affects how the whole campaign unfolds.

Since most of the campaigns I've taken part in have been done from the german side, I've done this with the british.

It's a small market-garden type campaign for 6 players.

I'll need:

2 commanders for airborne infantry

2 commanders for heavy armored spearheads

2 commanders to do various jobs, both infantry and armored.

And preferably a back-up in case someone has to quit in the middle.

Volunteers step forward and answer here to pick your troops. first come, first served!

That would be six. If you like, you can put me down for a backup; I'm deeply involved with the NSSB right now as well as Jason's campaign (unless he's buried me) but my playtests are mostly finished and I can free up some time. Looks like the Normandy campaign is a bust and I'm still waiting for the brigade campaign to get underway.

Wolf, I don't think we can wait for your copy to arrive. frown.gif

It can take several weeks.

Besides, if this works out well, I'll do another one, or repeat this for a new bunch of players.

So the players are:

airborne: funnel and Michael

Armour: Jeff and Dirt

Various: Citizen and Abbot

Backup: Napoleon and Wolfcub

Now. I want all the players to mail me at:

Jarmo.J.Laakso@sci.fi

so I can easily get your addresses, also mention what name you'd like to use. (those above are fine by me)

I'll send in the first scenarios today or tomorrow, and I'll need you to play them out (making AAR's) within about a week.

hope the campeign goes well smile.gif [and btw u proberly wouldnt want me commanding any forces even if my copy had arrived as by the end i dont think there would be any troops left ,not saying im a bad commander my tactics tend to invoke heavy losses ,u shoulda seen what was left of my force in the demo version ]

To answer another question.

The forces will be about a battallion sized, but any single battle shouldn't have that much troops availlable. Basically it depands on how well the fights go, losing a lot of troops will mean you have less availlable next time.