Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Ok I think I'm at the usual ambuse site...

So what do I do now? How do these ambuse markers work exactly? I don't fully understand their mechanics. I know I place a marker and my guys attack when something gets to that spot, but doesn't that already happen when my guys are hiding and waiting anyways?

thx

deadeye3 smile.gif

Sorry spelled ambuse incorrectly in the subject line

[This message has been edited by deadeye3 (edited 03-02-2001).]

Your troops will automatically attack when the enemy gets to about 25m. If you want them to attack at 50m, use an ambush marker.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

And on a related note...

How long does an ambush marker stay "on the map"? The reason I ask is because on several occassions I've placed an AM, (using an HQ). Then I have had a squad target said AM. Next turn rolls around, and I find the athe squad is no longer targeting the AM, and the AM itself has disappeared. Any ideas as to what's going on with that?

Originally posted by deadeye3:

What's an effective range for an ambush marker?

300m. I don't think it changes with experience, which seems odd to me.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

Originally posted by Windopaene:

And on a related note...

How long does an ambush marker stay "on the map"? The reason I ask is because on several occassions I've placed an AM, (using an HQ). Then I have had a squad target said AM. Next turn rolls around, and I find the athe squad is no longer targeting the AM, and the AM itself has disappeared. Any ideas as to what's going on with that?

The marker remains on the map so long as someone targets it. No one targets it, it goes away.

Originally posted by Phoenix:

The marker remains on the map so long as someone targets it. No one targets it, it goes away.

I think in this case it's ambush markers set by an HQ. Each HQ can only sustain one ambush at a time, by aiming at it. Then infantry that's in C&C of that HQ and within LOS to that marker can target it, but will not sustain it by themselves...

So if the HQ switch target, the ambush marker will disappear...

A quick test showed:

I have yet to see any limit in the number of ambush points a single HQ can put out.

They are sustained as long as at least one unit is targeting them.

A conscript inf. platoon HQ had a "range" of 80 meters, a regular 140 meters and an Elite 230 meters. Command bonuses influence this too.

Furthermore the range is much longer for other unit types like AT-guns and mortars.

M.

[This message has been edited by Mattias (edited 03-05-2001).]