Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Tank AI doing strange things...

I just finished playing against the computer as the axis. In one turn I had a King Tiger change its target in ultra supersonic speed 60 plus times in 21 seconds. Now, let me explain. I was defending a small 1250 point map. I had my enemy kept at bay (away from me) when my King Tiger did its little moondance. It was towards the end of a turn (cannot remember the turn number) at about the 39 second mark that my King Tiger decided to do the mambo-jambo. From 450 to 650 meters out my King Tiger tried to target a Wasp at 450 meters out, a mortor at about 550 meters out and a Hamber SC at about 650 meters out. All this along an aproximate 225 meter small arc.

I watched with amazment. No shot was taken not to my surprise. The sound the King Tiger made and the target line which danced was an awe to see smile.gif

Anyway's thought I would just post my finding here so people knew about it.

BTW, this has been the only time I have seen erratic behavior in tank AI with version 1.2

Second that, saw it yesterday for the first and only time so far.

Lightning speed change (flickering back and forth several times a second) of target line between two targets (inf. squad and a gun). this was a Sherman targeting and it lasted about 10 seconds.

M.

Originally posted by Mattias:

Second that, saw it yesterday for the first and only time so far.

Lightning speed change (flickering back and forth several times a second) of target line between two targets (inf. squad and a gun). this was a Sherman targeting and it lasted about 10 seconds.

M.

By any chance was that a crack or

elite crew? After all, they acquire

targets faster, which can be a handicap

if they don't bother to shoot before

switching target.

--Rett

Yep, this shaky dance, or Tiger dance gets reported on the board every once and a while. Seems like the treats are equal or near so to the TacAI and it just can't make up it's mind what to fire at. I've only seen it twice myself.

IIRC there was a long discussion under the topic "dancing tigers", or something like that.