CM Soundtrack

Sometimes I like to listen march music from Steel Panthers 2 CD or classics from the Wargasm CD, sometimes I like techno or house music and sometimes nothing, it really depends on the mood.

If you have two CD-drives you can play what you want while you are playing.

Originally posted by Bozza:

How about Rammstein, I mean it's german - ok a little too hard for yuz smile.gif

I'll shut up now.

Rammstein would be excellent. Sepultura too. Pantera, Corrosion of Conformity.. Also Danzig, Metallica, Ministry, the Misfits, and for those ironically inclined, Bad Religion or the Sex Pistols.

There is this amazing Black Sabbath tribute album called Nativity in Black that goes very well indeed. When I was in college, I used to play M1 Tank Platoon with the sound coming out of my speakers along with my favorite Motorhead album -- you know, the one with March or Die on it.

I know this is probably not what you guys like, though.

My excuse is that i smoked too much as a child.

Originally posted by 420:

I tried to change the opening tune to the theme from The Great Escape. I changed the song file name and saved it to the wav dir, but it doesn't work. Had anyone else tried this? Any ideas?

Are you talking about 00005010.wav? If so I tried the same thing but found that it's also the same tune played during the intro movie which you can't change unless you have a movie editor that will allow you to change the audio track. I did change the drum ditty on the selection or opening screen but it only plays the same length as the original file, 00000170.wav.

[This message has been edited by Old Crow (edited 01-25-2001).]

Originally posted by scooleen:

This isnt the Real World, or Survivor. What were the soldaten hearing when they were in it?

I just took a poll of my Volkstrum, asked them what they wanted to hear, and they all shouted in unison, "Motorhead! Motorhead! Motorhead!"

Originally posted by Old Crow:

Are you talking about 00005010.wav? If so I tried the same thing but found that it's also the same tune played during the intro movie which you can't change unless you have a movie editor that will allow you to change the audio track.

You ahve to not watch the video track. Take whatever file you want to be the openeing music and convert it into a signed 16bit 44.1k stereo .wav file. Then save it as 00005010.wav into your wav dir.

Then hold down the left shift key adn double click on your regualr shortcut. The movie will be bypassed, the openeing screen will come up and that wav file will start to play. I have several that I rotate around. OThe overtureto A Bridge Too Far, Combat! The tv series, Kelly's Heroes theme, and along with that Burning Bridges, the hit single from Kelly's Heroes and the opening theme to the greates 1 season television show Space: Above and Beyond.

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Anything of Gaelic origin.

------------------

"'S muladach ma theid ar sgaoileadh..." -Duncan Ban Macintyre

I have a few that I like to listen to while playing... but more often than not, I turn the music down to listen in on the battle. Have to listen for muttering enemies or sounds of steel on steel during speculative arty strikes.

Anyway, in no order:

Spacemen 3 - Sound of Confusion

Fields Of The Nephilim - Dawnrazor

any Iron Maiden

any Pearl Jam

Edited for spelling even worse than usual!

[This message has been edited by Compassion (edited 01-26-2001).]

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Originally posted by crepitis:

Does anyone know if you actually can play music from a cd whilst CMBO is running,and hear both of them?I remember a flight sim called EF2000 from D.I.D,which allowed you tto select your own cd music whilst playing the game.I used to love flying low over the Norwegian mountains in that sim,en-route to cluster bomb the enemy in some lonely valley,with some beautiful choral music,like Palestrina or Lassus,playing as my soundtrack.Id love to be able to do the same with CMBO but im not at home just now so I cant try it!

May I recommend some of Karl Jenkins music? Specifically the work on Adiemus 1-4 as well as Imagined Oceans. Some nice choral music there. (Yes the same Karl Jenkins who did the music for a certain jewellry commercial)

To play a music cd while playing CMBO would require another CD reader. I just recorded all my fav CD's to my hard drive into MP3 format and just listen to them that way. However my secondary drive is getting quite full... already 16gb of my CDs on that puppy.

Originaly posted by Kitty:

"Braveheart" is my other favorite. Was kind of disappointed to see a commercial for that new Tom Hanks movie where he's the hippie stranded on Gilligan's Isle or whatever, and hear them using the score from "Braveheart" in it.

Braveheart soundtrack was nice, another nice one is the Rob Roy soundtrack. However I must agree with you it was rather sad to see such fine music as Braveheart being put into a survivor wannabe movie. This is done often though, anyone listen to the music from the trailers for Gladiator? Whoever says rip off of Conan music wins a shinny sticker!

------------------

"'S muladach ma theid ar sgaoileadh..." -Duncan Ban Macintyre