Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

some questions

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yeahthatsright:

I dont have the game yet, so until i get it i have some questions about it. Do you buy your army, or just start with one and have it placed each mission. Like 500 for a tank and 50 for some foot soldiers. Also, over time, do your men go from conscript, regular, veteran like? :confused:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is more complicated, but yes you can "buy" soldiers, and no -- your soldiers do not advance, since that was not how it would have worked in what is at most an hour of fighting, or perhaps a series of small clashes over a couple of days.

To expound upon what Slapdragon said...

There is no campaign system in CMBO (nor will there be any provided from BTS in CMBB/CM2). Therefore the units that you select in a Quick Battle (QB) are used only in that scenario. There is no tracking of individuals or units between scenarios or operations.

A campaign system has been a very much requested feature, but BTS feels that most implemantations of campaigns found in games to date are very unrealistic. Therefore they've decided that they'll focus their efforts and skills on the core of CM itself. A campaign system may appear in the future after CMBB/CM2 (the next game) or from a third party (depending on BTS's decision to support such an endeavor). But that is speculation...

You can fight some kind of campaing game using the rules in the Canuck

page of Michael A. Dorosh:

http://wargames.freehosting.net/cmbits.htm

This rules are based in the Campaing Game rules of the Squad Leader game, adapted to CM. With it you can plot the

You can apply this rules to an Operation or Mini-Campaing to plot the performance of one character (a platoon, company or battalion commander) across the entire fight.

Yes, this is not a true campaing system like other games has, but it's a good approximation (I think). ;)