Operation Map

Guest Manstein22

Guest Manstein22

Hi all

Does anybody know how to import a battle map into an operation. AFAK the suffix for the battlemaps in CMBB is .cme and for operations it is .cmf. Just changing the suffix is not working.

Any ideas are very much appreciated

Manstein22

• 3 weeks later...

That's one of the reason why I always use "Mapping Mission" for creating my maps smile.gif

BTW, I have a question about "MM" that I hope somebody can answer: In the CMBB Editor you can create an op. map with H:6 km and W:4 km, letting the attacker come from N or S. But it's only possible to import a map with max size H:4 / W:6 to CMBB, not H:6 / W:4 :confused: Something I have missed or is there a solution ?

Regards

Just a point...

I think CM is supposed to be fun isn't it?... and war.. where people really get shot... well that's historically accurate...?

Sorry, Sergei/Michael, sometimes the cinisism parodies a certain reality that can take the fun out of the original concept... perhaps ;)

and Senachai, he just hates Australians anyway..?

[ March 14, 2004, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Richie ]

Thanks Sergei!

And you don't bye any chance have any idea were to find a decent map for the Salla region? I liked your thoughts about create a series of maps who covered a campaign and I think this could be a proper area, because the number of troops and the total advancing distance isn't so overwhelming.

Regards/

[ March 14, 2004, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Sgt AA ]

There must be old topographical maps of old Salla <u>somewhere</u>, but for instance the Finnish land survey department website karttapaikka.nls.fi only has maps of the Finnish side of the border, where battles weren't fought. And those are modern maps. Best bet would be archives...

Originally posted by Sgt AA:

In the CMBB Editor you can create an op. map with H:6 km and W:4 km, letting the attacker come from N or S. But it's only possible to import a map with max size H:4 / W:6 to CMBB, not H:6 / W:4

Hmmm. I had thought it should work both ways; probably a minor bug. While work on CMAK support is stalled due to the increased size of my family, this might be something I can fix up quickly. I'll try to remember to take a look at it tonight.