M1 Garand sound mod (?)

Did anyone thought about substituting some of the BAR sound files with sound from Garand rifles, just like those that are present in SPWaW? When I play as the US I really miss those sounds... well substituting the sound of the BAR with that of the M1 will surely lead to minor inconsistencies sometimes, but nothing serious.

Regards,

Amedeo

P.S. If such a mod doesn't exist, might someone tell me what are the BAR sounds file #, I'll try myself... maybe :D

I did this a while ago, just change the 00000435.wav file in your wav-directory to the garandsound from spwaw, it works alright altough you'll never hear the BAR again :(. The sound of the garand adds a great deal to the feeling of the game, though. Good Luck!

BTW...I used the soundfile 501 from spwaw...

[ 10-14-2001: Message edited by: KnockOnWood ]

This discussion confuses me. I would swear that when my US infantry squads fire, sometimes I hear the BAR and sometimes the M1. Same for the Germans, sometimes the MG, sometimes the Kar 98, sometimes (rarely) the MP 40. And these are the stock sound files, no mods.

Michael

[ 10-14-2001: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]

Amedeo said: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> But aren't there two or more alternative BAR sounds in CMBO? Am I wrong? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure there is only one BAR sound, could be wrong though. There was a soundmap somewhere that had all the sounds and their numbers listed but I can't remember where I got it.

Michael emrys said: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> This discussion confuses me. I would swear that when my US infantry squads fire, sometimes I hear the BAR and sometimes the M1. Same for the Germans, sometimes the MG, sometimes the Kar 98, sometimes (rarely) the MP 40. And these are the stock sound files, no mods. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's right, but the thing is the "pling" that you hear when the garands in SPWAW is firing. You won't hear that in the stock sound files in CMBO because I think the rifle sound is the same for the Kar 98, Carbine and Garand...and you don't want to change those because then it would sound like the germans are equipped with Garands smile.gif

heres a piece of advice.

Go download a halflife mod called Day of Defeat. It doesn't matter if you even own halflife, because you are just getting it so you can pick and choose through the wav file directory..

fileplanet.com has the mod....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KnockOnWood:

Amedeo said:

sound map<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

link in FAQ, faq link in sig...

are the german rifle sounds and us rifle sounds diff? when i looked in the sound map i had it just said "rifles" and when i clicked on them i can't tell the difference...