mods? should i?

Ok are all the mods good? sho8ld i just download everyone i find? should i pick and choose? will it ruin the original game or will it make it better? i can pretty much do anything on my machine so should i just get everyone i find nand have fun or does it mater what ones i use? who do i trust?

I tend to pick and choose myself. I do like the interface mod and also got grass textures, a quite a bit of vehicle mods. but haven't gotten uniform mods. I don't get the mods that you need to rename in order to use with particular sides or scenarios -- too much work

I suggest picking and choosing your mods.

Use CMHQ and KUMPS sites as your two main thrusts into the mod world.

Then just pick and choose your favorite in each catagory. Get yourself a faces mod, a flag mod, a profiles mod, Grass, Trees, Buildings, Landscape (wheat, roads, etc.), Sounds, Uniforms, and finally each individual vehicle.

After that task, start working on your Snow, and then your winter vehicles...

EDIT: I agree with JEDI. Unless you want to be really confused right off the bat, don't get the mods w/ interchangeable thingies until you feel comfortable with the basic look of your game.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Clark (edited 01-01-2001).]

EDIT: A simple remark.

"If you want to turn a decent looking game into an awesome looking game, then yeah, MODS are a must."

I'd definately start off with DD's Terrain Packs including grass and trees and tree bases, They'll make a huge difference in the the way the game looks. Then you might wanna try the Velvet grass. I find DD's grass a little too bland. The Velvet grass has nice contrast between elevations and a good mix of color variation.

Then I'd get Panzertruppen's Buildings--simply the best building mod yet!

And then go looking for vehicle mods that you like. I'd suggest everything by Marco Bergman, he has produced hi-res Shermans and Stuarts that are top-notch.

Be sure and get the Mad Dog Mod Packs too, for they contain several mods that you can't get separately, like a Hi-Res Tiger, JgPanther, and JgTiger. They also contain terrain mods, but there have been better come out since, like DD's Terrain mentioned above.

------------------

"Live by the sword, live a good LONG life!"-Minsc, BGII

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 01-01-2001).]