Allied OOB books

Right, since this is getting absolutly no responce in the scenario Thread I'll post it here in hope someone (grogs or not) have any good suggestions and hope MadMatt does not put this in the general descusion thread too quick.

---------------

Hi everyone,

Right I have a few book on German OOB of WWII but I am looking for some outstanding books out there that have OOB of American, British and Commonwelth Countries like Canada's OOB's during WWII.

I have Waffen SS and Other Units in World War II : The German Order of Battle

by George F. Nafziger and I would be interested if there are any books out there in that scope and detail.

If you have the name of the book it would be great, if you have the ISBN number that would be also a big plus.

See my site at http://members.home.net/canuckmain/ and click on ORGANIZATION in the left hand frame; these are unit listings only. Also click on the DIVISIONS IN WORLD WAR TWO to see how the divisions were organized.

The layout of an infantry battalion can be seen at my other CANUCK for CM site, link in my sig.

You have Bouchery from my email; what kind of specific information were you looking for? Names of units, number of pistols in an infantry battalion, all of the above?

Hey Mike, stuff like that, your site is great. A specific detail on OOB IE Screaming Eagles or the 3rd Canadian Division, etc.

What they had exactly, how a Recce force or scouting force was made up of and such. Thanks for the links Though.

Searching the net is great but having a book in ones hand to read and crossreference while building ones scenario is nice.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fernando:

Stanton, Shelby L., "Order of Battle, U.S. Army, Worl War II". ISBN 0-89141-195-X<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amazon says this book is out of print.

Fortunately I bought it a few years ago. It's got good detailed equipment tables down to the battalion size unit. For example, If you want to know how many .50 mgs were allocated to an armored battalion then this is your book. But below the battalion level there's no more detail.