From battlefield to horizon mod?

Now after the units, the terrain and the sky tho only thing that looks poorly in CM is the green carpet between battlefield and horizon. Very disturbing. I wonder if it's modable. If who is the hero that will done a so humble but honorable task?

A great thank to all the modders all around.

Massimo

The area surrounding the battlefield is made up of low res tiles. The author of the terrain mod you are using should have made matching high and low res versions of his terrain tiles. The computer will automatically place the low res tiles in this region. If you are using a high res terrain set that did not come with low res tiles, you could create them yourself. I'm not too familiar with how to do this, so someone else will have to give instructions. If you are not using high res terrain, then the same tiles for the battlefield would also be used for the surrounding area.

This is very easily remedied. Just go to your Bmp folder. Make a copy of 1553 or even 1557 (grass tile used for default elevation 7) for that matter. Rename it to 1503. The area you speak of will now match your current grass. Granted it will be a very stretched version of the grass tile. As the the game stretches a single 20m x 20m grass tile into the entire area between the battlefield and horizon.

We don't need another Hero!

Well, you know the lyrics.

The snooker like carpet up the horizon is in fact the stock grass in LoRes.

Seeing as I am at the office for the moment I can't check but it's somethink like 1503 or some such.

So best thing to do is to download the LoRes version of your favorite HiRes grass and rename some BMP to 1503.

Take care to choose the one that as an average look elevation wise so that it won't clash with too low or too high surrounding tiles.