Operation a la carte?

Anyone try this?

1.Choose scenario or quick battle you want to play.( let's say battle 1)

2. Finish battle 1.

3. Go to the main menu and choose quick battle (battle 2). Set parameters at your own choice. When computer ask you about the map then import AVTOSAVE. Comuter will ask you about the troops, just press ok. And here it is: end of the battle 1 ( with all burning tanks, houses on fire etc). All your troops from battle 1 will have gray bases . Troops from battle 2 are waiting in setup zones.

4. This can go endlessly.....

No way you can loose. ;)

I am currently playing a "long campaign" in which I do the same, but after each battle I move the date six months forward. It means that in each battle there will be some more new equipment. Though you have to remember, when playing against AI, give it a point bonus based on the results of the previous battle. Otherwise there's no challenge.

Immobilized tanks remain immobilized between battles. Presumably gun damage remains, too.

All dead bodies also remain on the battlefield. They will naturally change uniforms according to season. :D

Funnily enough, if some grain caught fire in June, it's still ablaze in December when the ground is covered with snow. :D

I believe this style of playing would be interesting for two-player games, too. It forces you to make long-term considerations: you want your force to be fit for battle next year as well. Eventually of course the older troops will wear out and new ones enter the stage, fighting for the same objectives. Some weapon systems are great longterm investments, others not so much. Consider playing the initial battle with combined arms and the next ones with unrestricted force selection.