CM Boot Camp Articles Return

Hello all,

Some of you may remember the series of "Combat Mission Boot Camp" articles I wrote a while back. These are detailed introductory guides for the newer CM player and anyone wanting a refresher on some basic tactics and concepts. Article topics so far include artillery, half-tracks and light vehicles, and tanks and other heavy AFV's. The illustrated articles include explanations and tips.

I had wanted to revise and expand the articles but never found time due to work and other obligations. (I've been out of the CM loop for a while, sadly.) Hopefully I'll get around to that and write new articles too.

Manx, who posted them originally, has kindly reposted them at his superb site, Combat Missions.

Many thanks to Manx and all those who sent me feedback in the past.

[ 04-21-2001: Message edited by: Gremlin ]

Gremlin - It's great to have your tactical guides back. I have made the annoucement of their return late last night via SuperTed's FORWARD OBSERVER site as part of the "Sidewalk Sale" extravaganza.

Congratulations once more on producing them in the first place. I know many people have, and will find them to be, extremely useful.

You may have seen the news during the sidewalk sale, but if not, there's a brand new article in the series that Manx has posted--same link as above.

It covers combined arms, overwatch, suppression, intelligence, and other important concepts of mutual support among units. The article is geared towards newer players, but hopefully anyone can enjoy it and find something useful in it.

Thanks again to Manx for posting the articles.

Those articles saved my bacon. I was pitching a fit trying to figure out how to use armor. I read the article on it and sent my buddy packing the next battle. That tophat/lowski trip is highly effective.

Thanks again Gremlin. I'm going there right now to print up and read the new one.

Nedlam

Glad you found them useful. It seems that sticking to the basics and being patient will bring victories more readily than trying to be too clever, something I used to do and regret smile.gif

[ 04-24-2001: Message edited by: Gremlin ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gremlin:

Glad you found them useful. It seems that sticking to the basics and being patient will bring victories more readily than trying to be too clever, something I used to do and regret smile.gif

[ 04-24-2001: Message edited by: Gremlin ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im heading there now. This could be the break ive been waiting for!