New Canadian Operation - Battle for Welberg

I'm making an operation involving the Algonquin regiment and attached units at the Battle for Welberg between Oct 31 and Nov 4 1944 in the scheldt area. My main source of info is Warpath written by G.L. Cassidy, an excellent book that has allowed me to give historically accurate names right down to squad leaders and PIAT teams, however the maps have no major terrain details, just roads and buildings. Does anyone know where I can find a map of the battle area? I've tried a search to no avail.

Try and post at www.mapleleafup.org and ask one of the Dutch gentlemen there for terrain maps. Or contact the regimental archives. I was in Borden just a couple of summers ago with some Algonquin Regiment troops. (Err, well the one on my course was a 19 year old hottie who worked in the BOR, and her boyfriend was a MCpl in their infantry company...) Point being, the regiment still exists.

try this link for a map,

http://classic.locatienet.nl/

and this link for the weatherforecast for that day,

http://www.knmi.nl/voorl/kd/lijsten/daggem/etmgeg.cgi

If you open the map finder go for the place you need and type kerkstraat or dorpsstraat for the name of a street.

Every town in Holland has one.

If you need any help I can find it for you.

Just let me know.

Henk