Some PBEM helper improvements

PBEM helper 1.0.156 is available. From the readme:

"If the file name is numbered and there is a matching subfolder under CMBO/PBEM, then all previous turn files are moved automatically into that folder. For example, if there are files Berli_Fuerte_001.txt and Berli_Fuerte_002.txt and there is a subfolder Berli_Fuerte (or Berli_Fuerte_), then the file Berli_Fuerte_001.txt is moved into this subfolder. Besides _ character also space and - are ignored from the end of the file name when searching for the subfolder.

The latest file is never moved. But if you click Delete (in Edit F2), then also this file is moved into subfolder (if it exists)."

Fuerte, all I can say is " smile.gif" regarding your new feature to PBEM HELPER. I sleep @ night, sire, and your new version (1.0.156) has been sitting on my harddrive for a couple of days now!

My CM opponents have been duly informed of this latest addition...

BTW, thanks for returning to the Tournament of "Stars" after some "stormy seas"

Fuerte-

One problem I have had with PBEM helper is this:

Sometimes when I start a game in the helper, it opens CM:BO, autoselects the 'Join Multiplayer' button, then brings up the menu and fails to select a file (it leaves the menu open for me to manually select the file). Then, after I manually select the file, I have to manually enter the password.

This seems to occur randomly. Generally, the problem is fixed by shutting down CM and starting all over again in PBEM helper.

Any ideas on this?

MrSpkr, thanks for the feedback. The helper does not give any error message? It opens a message box in most cases if something goes wrong. I have not seen this behaviour myself. Perhaps you have so many files in the CMBO\PBEM folder that there is some timing problem.

MrSpkr,

I have had the same problem occasionally. I think it stems from the fact that on your game list, the game is listed as "Unknown", not as Play/Send.

I have had this problem with one or two specific games, one using numbering and the other not.

Speedbump

No, mine aren't listed as 'unknown.' For example, the other day I was sending a turn to Wildman and this occurred. Now, while I don't blame the computer for NOT wanting to even be associated with Wildman, let alone sending him a turn, it does serve as an example of what I am talking about. This was turn 20 or so of a thirty turn game.

Oh yes, by the way, Speedbump, send me a turn that I may slaughter you some more. You don't really have all that many men left to move, so it shouldn't take you too long.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Oh yes, by the way, Speedbump, send me a turn that I may slaughter you some more. You don't really have all that many men left to move, so it shouldn't take you too long.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Au Contraire, good *snicker* sir! I have plenty of men. They are just panicked or routed!

Are you sure you didn't get a turn back around the 10th? PBEM Helper sent it!

Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Speedbump:

Au Contraire, good *snicker* sir! I have plenty of men. They are just panicked or routed!

Are you sure you didn't get a turn back around the 10th? PBEM Helper sent it!

Jeff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah yes, forgot that little morale problem you seem to have.

I did not receive your turn from the tenth. Please resend.

PBEM helper 1.0.157 is availabe. Some clever people noticed that version 1.0.156 did not refresh the display automatically when the game program quit, if you had numbered game files. I now fixed this, it works now with all programs, not just CMBO, and the PBEM helper display is not blank when CMBO is running a numbered game file.