CM2 UI feature suggestion: kill counter

Hi,

First, the volume of this forum is so huge, that it's not possible to check all the old threads, so I just hope this hasn't been suggested by someone else already...

While playing some large CM scenarios, like August Bank Holiday, I came up with an idea for a new UI feature: kill counter. Sometimes there are so many units on the map that it's very difficult to notice everything that's happening during the 60 second movie that is played after each turn. So, instead of watching the actions from several viewpoints after each turn, it would be nice to have resettable counters for own men, tanks and so on, that have been lost. Tanks and vehicles are the units I'm most interested in, maybe the categories could be similar to the ones shown after the game ends?

The user could reset the counters at any point, so he could for example see how many tanks he has lost during a single turn or say, after enemy reinforcements arrived. This way I could check the 60 second movie from those other parts of the map ONLY if something unpredictable has happened, like losing 3 tanks instead of 1: "What the **** happened?"

IMO a useful and probably quite easy to implement as well. What do you think? Would this make playing too easy or just more comfortable?

Guest Offwhite

I've found that simply having the "detailed armor hits" tag active does this pretty well. If you watch the movie from a relatively high angle (say view 4), the tags are quite noticeable popping up as vehicles are killed.

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by Leonidas:

I would like a casualty notification - something that indicates that a squad or team has taken losses. Frequently I can hear a cry of pain while watching the movie, but then I have to wind back and forth to figure out who got hit.

I actually think this is a good feature and makes for very immersive play (for me). It forces me to concentrate on my game, and often I discover things I would otherwise have overlooked. A bit more like the chaos I would imagine reigned in Real Life™.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.