Small brick building mod

The flowers are great.

I had a guy walk past my office at the hospital last year and notice my Captain Miller GI Joe doll on my filing cabinet. He volunteered to build a little house for him for Rememberance Day.

Now, I've built plenty of 1/35 scale dioramas in my younger days, and I'm picturing a nicely done house corner in plywood, covered in plaster, all done to scale...

This sweet older man, bless him, instead cobbled together some very thin particle board, painted it gloss brown, singed it with a blow torch, and as a crowning touch drilled holes in it (sewing machine straight, I shall point out) and topped it off with gloss red paint running out of the holes. (The window was seriously underscale, crooked, and had neither sill nor panes, just a hole cut in the wall).

I didn't have the heart to tell him that most European buildings did not have actual arteries and veins flowing through them - but I didn't have the heart to not display this thing either. It smelled of varnish and game me headaches on top of it all and I am sure some of the cute nurses still wonder after my sanity. But it was nice of him, so how could I refuse?

The point being that birds still sing during wartime, since they don't have any concept of war - and flowers still grow, despite whatever odd preconceptions some people might have.

Come to think of it, my friends' conception of what a wartorn house looks like would fit right in with those bright neon green StuG mods that were on here not long ago.

Great mod, incidentally, I hope you find a suitable host.