Graphics Resolution

I'm sure it's in the manual somewhere, but the other night I downloaded MODS for the first time....Whoa I know I'm way behind the times...anyway, after I applied some, probably to many and incorrectly, my system freaked and reset (or maybe it was always set, but it seems clunkier) my resolution to 640x480. Further, now everything seems to chug. I've got a PIII - 450 with a TNT2 32MB Graphics card and 256 MG RAM. I seem to remember everything running better. I tried removing and reinstalling, but it redetected the 640x480 settings. Any suggestions?

NOTE: I haven't really spent time troubleshooting, so this may be an moronic question after my second attempt I returned to a game of Panzer Elite.

What it's done, but I don't know for what reason, is that it has reset the Prefs file to 640x480 software mode. It's chugging because it's not running through you video card.

Try deleting the Prefs file from the root directory and restart the game and watch carefully as it runs through the available resoultions and make sure that which ever one you pick says "Primary Display driver". NOTE: the largest initial resolution that CM will detect is what your desktop is set to.

I run CM in 1280x1024x16.

CM can run at 1600x1200, but you have to have your desktop set to at least 1600x1200, unless you use a program that lets games run at different resolutions than the desktop. CM doesn't limit the resolution of your desktop, it's the other way around. I have a 19" monitor and I tried running the desktop at 1600x1200 and I could barely read anything. CM looked great at 1600x1200, but I couldn't read the interface.

CM will run in any resolution that you can get your desktop to run in. If your video card can hack it, CM can hack it. Just set your desktop to whatever you want, delete the Combat Mission Bynd Ovr Prefs file and relaunch the game. Your all set.

Madmatt

Gen-x,

Go into your game folder and delete the Combat Mission Bynd Ovr Prefs file.

Make sure your desktop resolution is really 1600x1200 (bit depth is not important).

Launch the game, it should prompt you to accept the current screen size that are running.

If it doesn't than there may be something with the type of drivers that you have that do not support Direct 3D games to run at such a high size or something esle.

What video card do you have? I have run CM at 16x12 on both a TNT2 Ultra, Geforce 2 (my current) cards.

Madmatt