The worst of luck in a QB against the AI

OK so I sit down for a good game against the AI

I pick the Allies and choose a 2000 pt armour battle. Late war April 44 dawn and overcast

I take the British and buy one sherm 76 and 3 95 mm churchills and a couple of dailmers with 40 mm AP load.

I get all of 1 round of tungsten!

What do I meet on the battle field??

GET this!

At first I see what I think is one Tiger. (?)

next an other tiger ? then another!

OK I think that can't be so bad at least they are slow

Then the first one turns out to be a Vet JagdTiger with the 128 mm main weapon

then the second one turns out to the the same thing! Holy Crap I think I'm in it NOW!

Meanwhile the Sherm gets immbolized in a decent hull down position and I loose two churchills to turret pentration because they are both in hull down positions from the 128 mm main weapon

Then the third Tiger (?) ALSO turns out to be ANOTHER Vet JagdTiger!!

I fought them hard and did my best to flank them

I KO'd one with the Sherm and KO'd another with a very lucky PIAT round.

the third was used VERY wisely by the AI and proved indestructable.

BUT I sat on the two VL's and they both remained undisputed at the end of 30 minutes

and a scraped out a 51% minor victory.

BUT 3 Jagdtigers??? Talk about BAD luck of the draw I have never seen that one before.

Agaist ANY half decent human my Brits would have be royally screwed I think.

The AI played well, and it was FUN!

Just thought I would post a little note about the fun I had in my last game vs.the AI.

-tom w

Well in a battle with one Jagdtiger I lost 4 get this 4 SuperPershings! The 90mm round just brokeup when it hit the upper hull of that tin can! One shot at each Super they where knocked out. I finly got it with, get this a Sherman 75mm head on...whats up with that?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Soddball:

That was really poor of the AI. I always said it was a gamey bastard.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Especially when in your own (TAC)-AI...doing dumb sh-t like firing smoke at the crucial wrong moment when you need HE.

ex: my 60mm mortar blocking LOS of my own troops towards your PzIV, Soddball, when I wanted to get an overhead shot, knowing your Panzer would be baffled by my Bofors, Greyhound, Bazooka, and MMG attacking it. No such luck b/c of my mortar's smoke fetish =>