Central NJ meeting?

It seems all who attended had a very good time at the DC meeting. I wish I could've been there, but it's impossible for me due to distance/time.

Therefore I propose that CM players in central NJ try to arrange a meeting place for a night of tall tales and good beer. As I'm very much not a social butterfly, the only place I can come up with that would be a good meeting place is the Triumph Brewery in Princeton NJ.

All who are interested, please post here, and if you know of a particularly good place in the region Somerset/Princeton/Brunswicks, put it up for a vote.

As for the when aspect, I was thinking of late October or early November; anything after that would be nearly impossible because of the inevitable time-crunch around the holidays.

So what say you all? Post it here and/or send me a private message.

DjB

Forgot to say:

I won't cause you the internal distress of lauding my CM abilities to get a free beer. Rather, making some positive comment about me in general shall suffice (in short, I've lately been experiencing a crisis of self-confidence and, shall we say, social interaction with humans of a gender opposite to mine) :( So anything you could do to help my opinion of myself would be...most...helpful? (watched Holy Grail last week)

DjB

[ 09-30-2001: Message edited by: Doug Beman ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Beman:

All who are interested, please post here, and if you know of a particularly good place in the region Somerset/Princeton/Brunswicks, put it up for a vote.

DjB<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you hold the meeting at Giant's Stadium, I think Jimmy Hoffa will attend.

Doug, get a grip man! You can't expect freebie accolades from CM players. But YOU CAN BUY THEM! I know. I tried it and it works.

Purchased compliments feel just as good as voluntary ones, yet they are much more dependable, which seems to be your problem with women. Here's a Lawyer Tip (free): Women like money too.

Good Luck!

[ 09-30-2001: Message edited by: Lawyer ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>If you would consider Philly I am pretty sure we can get Peng, Hiram, myself and if the timing is right we are going to have a visitor from across the pond in our area soon.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Philly is an option for location, but causes a serious problem for me WRT time. I work in northern NJ (right off Rt 80) and usually don't get out of the office until 4:30; that's just too far and too heavily congested for me to get to Philly on a weeknight.

If there were a good spot for a Sat/Sun brunch type thing that would be very good. As I said, I know very little about the "social geography" of this area.

Lawyer, yeah women like money too. Unfortunately Sallie Mae likes money too, and she's a LOT more persistent in her efforts to part it from this particular fool.

DjB

Sunday brunch with the CM junkies....I like that. I know social venues in the City of Brotherly Love very well. There are about 40 bars and rsturnts within 4 blocks of where I am typing this. Te first place that would pop into my pointy head is O'Neals. Not my main hangout by anymeans and certainly not a "nice" place BUT anyone who wanted to watch the get together could view it on the Internet AND buy us beers if they want. And if we do a Sunday afternoon we can catch some football and the Europe folks can tune in. Just an idea. I don't mean to plan your gig.