Overspending point allocations in CM2

Does anyone else get annoyed when their ideal force mix ends up 1 or 2 pts overspent on armour or artillery or support or whatever, but 10 pts underspent in total?

Perhaps CM 2 could allow overspending in areas (but not in total) with a penalty for it - say 3 or 5 or 10 to 1? Eg for each point overspent in any area you actually pay 3 or 5 or 10 pts total?

Hrmmm, it depends on whether or not BTS assigned the point values more or less "arbitrarily" based on the perceived value of the unit or whether they deliberately gerrymandered the point values by a few points to keep certain combinations of units from showing up in an engagement of n points...

I like that idea. Perhaps there could be extra strength points allowed (plus/minus 10%) but with some sort of Victory point compensation. For example, in a 2000 pt game, you could purchase up to 2100 pts but suffer a 100 pt loss in victory points. Or the reverse, buy 1900 pts and receive an extra 100 pts in victory points.

[ 05-30-2001: Message edited by: Ken Talley ]

Is 10 points here or there really going to make that much of a difference?

All I do is just pick 1 MG team or bazooka team and make them veteran or crack.

That should use up the extra couple of points.

smile.gif

Dunno what you're talking about Stuka - I don't think you've got the idea of this at all.

sure if I have teh force I want and a few points left over I upgrade an element or 2.

But that's not what I'm suggesting.

The situatino I'm thinking off is where I want a particular mix of, say, tanks. It comes to 258 points, and I'm only allowed 250 pts, so I can't have it - period.

I might e willing to pay a penalty to be able to spend those extra 8 points on armour over my "allowance".

If the penalty was 10:1, then those 8 points of extra armour would cost me 80 points total - which is pretty significant IMO.