DC Area Refresh Monkey Club

Guest wwb_99

Jess, I'm located in the Hall of the States at 444 N. Capitol St. Where are you?

Anybody want to get together for a few beers sometime soon to discuss our mutual interest? Friday's after work are best for me. I prefer VA, but the Dubliner, Capitol City Brewery, and Irish Times are all here by Union Station on the Red Line.

As we will all be wearing brown-shirts, jack-boots, and sitting hull-down, we should be able to recognize each other.

What say you guys?

Originally posted by Lawyer:

Jess, I'm located in the Hall of the States at 444 N. Capitol St. Where are you?

Anybody want to get together for a few beers sometime soon to discuss our mutual interest? Friday's after work are best for me. I prefer VA, but the Dubliner, Capitol City Brewery, and Irish Times are all here by Union Station on the Red Line.

As we will all be wearing brown-shirts, jack-boots, and sitting hull-down, we should be able to recognize each other.

What say you guys?

Sounds good to me. I'm on 'K' st. b/w 18th and 19th.

Ahh, pity pity for you small foo's working in the District...

Did some District time at HUD some 12 years ago, then got sensible and started consulting for a change. Now work in Tyson's Corner, and live in Vienna.

Would be up for an Aberdeen trip this spring/summer some time, hoping to have the digital camera by then.

------------------

To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee...

I live in DC, in the posh Kalorama district, and work for a little newspaper nobody's heard of.

A trip to Aberdeen sounds great, but I probably won't be able to go since I work most weekends. I also work Friday nights, so I'm pretty much lost to the bar hopping too. frown.gif

Nelson

Hiya WWB_99, Bigmac here, and as you can tell by my username, I'm also at work. I'm about an hour South of DC on 4 at the end of Calvert county in MD. Nothing is melting down here at the Nuc plant at this time, so I have a few minutes to write and check on the forum... (yes, there is one in MD...) I'm also a fellow DOW'er... wink.gif Hey Croda, I grew up in Lewistown, about an hour east of ya on 322/22. I'd really enjoy a trip this spring. You'll have to keep me posted (if you want...) Take care fella's, and try not to work too hard

Bigmac out!

** edited for excessive smiley usage...Sorry, I got carried away... smile.gif

[This message has been edited by bigmac@work (edited 01-24-2001).]

I am a monkey. Today, today.

The boss don't know BTS so I can play.

Read the board while I'm bored

Then hit refresh and read some more. . . .

[creative bump]

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.

I propose next Friday, Feb 2, as a first get together. It seems most of us who are interested live in VA near Tysons Corner. Could we meet at a decent watering hole in that vicinity around 6:30pm or so?

The agenda will be:

1. Drink beer

2. Swap experiences, tips, tactics, lies, taunts, etc. relating to CM, books, movies, trips, etc.

3. See if we can stand each other enough to collectively visit Aberdeen and some of the local events.

4. Drink more beer.

I'm fairly open about it, but offer this up to get the ball rolling. What are your suggestions?

Jake

------------------

Only the Lawyer knows what Evil lurks in the minds of men....

For all of you folks in the "wealth consumptive" sector of the economy:

as one who is in the "wealth generating" part, I think that all QBs between you "WCs" and us "WGs" should have +500 points in our favor . . . after all, where d'ya think your money to buy this game came from? Hmmmmm? wink.gif

------------------

Continuing the fight from the secret command bunker!

I got my money to play this game by fair, honest manipulation of the 'weath generating' part of the economy.

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.