CM UBB Lurker Award

Who has the Highest 'Lurker factor'?

Lurker factor = 10000/ (# of posts * member number)

To be elegible for this award your date of registration must be no later than 31-12-2000.

The first nominee is Boeman, #1845, who just made his fifth post. His Lurker factor would be 10000/(5*1845) = 1.084.

Can you do better?

Eh, how's your math skill? ;)

10000/(417*5238)=0.004578 not anything else. This probably puts you in a good position for the anti-lurker award though.

Edited due to slip-of-the-finger. (Now, doesn't that sound like something that would belong in a Peng thread? smile.gif)

[ 05-10-2001: Message edited by: Sten ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sten:

Who has the Highest 'Lurker factor'?

Lurker factor = 10000/ (# of posts * member number)

To be elegible for this award your date of registration must be no later than 31-12-2000.

The first nominee is Boeman, #1845, who just made his fifth post. His Lurker factor would be 10000/(5*1845) = 1.084.

Can you do better?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hate to do this to your theory, but member numbers were reassigned (alphabetically IIRC) with the changeover to the current BBS.

Far better is to take the registration date, but there are some old timers who lost their original registration in the Great Board Collapse of 1999 or somefink like that.

Registration date is probably the best publicly available item to hook your lurker award to.

Better might be the date the person ordered CMBO (or pre-ordered!)

[ 05-10-2001: Message edited by: Herr Oberst ]

Ok, Cormand is the new leader of lurkers.

I know about the crash of -99, I was here when it happend. I figured the renumbering of members ( ;)) wouldn't hurt the calculations ved´ry much. But yes, I agree, registration date would be superior, but a LOT more cumbersome to use.