CM Scenario/Operation Designer, please note.

To all hard-working CM scenario/designers,

I have translated Harv's great Combat Mission Scenario Database template into a web-based form for you to comment. The link is:

http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/CMDB.html

Please note :

1. This is just a prototype. No checking or such is implemented.

2. There is no eye-candies -- i.e. it is damn plain and dull.

3. All results are sent to my email account -- so please don't bomb it.

4. Since I don't have CM while creating the web site -- I am guilty of leaving the DVD ROM and CM disk back home -- so many options may be either missing or incorrect.

5. Most importantly, this is only a test -- do not enter real things yet, or they will not be processed. I will notify publicly when it is ready.

Sorry for all the delay, my ISP is down for the whole weekend (Fri - Sun) and I am doing all this in the office. tongue.gif

Thank you very much for your kind attention.

Regards,

Griffin.

P.S. Is the name for web site "Combat Mission Command Post" already used?

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

[This message has been edited by GriffinCheng+ (edited 03-12-2001).]

PL, thanks for your kind words.

I am going to follow the footsteps of "CM Scenario Database" prepared by "Harv". It will be an Excel Spreadsheet posted at WBR's "Boots'n Tracks". So there may not be an online version.

Griffin.

------------------

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Yep, it "was" in Boots'n Tracks. biggrin.gif

If you read previous Harv posts, he mentioned the scenario database he has been working on (till 1.08). If you don't have one, I am sending a copy to your mailbox tomorrow morning (according to my timezone, of course).

Gotta sleep now! smile.gif

Griffin.

------------------

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Come to my Combat Missing Command Post (CMCP) at http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/

Shadow, thanks for the encouragement. The spelling mistake is going to fix within today. shame shame shame. I think I could use a spell checker.

Michael and PL, I think a online database would be a great idea. But it is pretty difficult to show all the detailed information all in one page. A spread sheet is a pretty good media to present where the viewer can easily manipulate the way the scenarioes are shown.

However, an online scenario/operation database would be a very challenging project for me.

Still, the CMDB form is still the highest -- for my web site.

Griffin.

------------------

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Come to my Combat Missing Command Post (CMCP) at http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/