Campaign Rules

I'm sure that this has been addressed before, but does anyone have any campaign rules? I started to design some but then it occured to me that someone probably already thought some up. I am interested in whether anyone knows a source for campaign rules or has their own set of rules. Thanks!

Originally posted by Portero:

I'm sure that this has been addressed before, but does anyone have any campaign rules? I started to design some but then it occured to me that someone probably already thought some up. I am interested in whether anyone knows a source for campaign rules or has their own set of rules. Thanks!

There are two campaigns I know of:

Biltong's campaign rules (BCR) hosted at

SuperSulo's site covering 6/41 till 7/42, with 8/42 to 12/42 in beta testing process.

Current BCR thread here

and

RobO's Quick campaign (ROQC). Dunno much about that campaign.

Using the search function in the CMBB board should get you more info on the latter.

Gruß

Joachim

Hi,

Are you after CMBO o CMBB Rules. There are more for CMBO starting with Fionns 75 + 76 rules going up the Nippy's and RedWolfs rules which are about the latest. Biltongs rules look good but a little complicated for most.

If you need any e-mail me with your e-mail limit if you can not find any that you need.

Rule sets I have seen are:

CMBO

Dr VonCools

Fionns 75 + 76 (ry first fo rCMBO)

Franko's Combat Rules

Robs historical Rules

Scorpio's Rules

Sardaukar's rules

CMBB

Band of Brothers

Biltongs

Nippy's (look good and are simple. try these first for CMBB)

Redwolfs Rules

Smopes rules

and lastly ???

Poor old spikes rules (see locked forum threads)

Cheers

Originally posted by markl:

Hi,

Are you after CMBO o CMBB Rules. There are more for CMBO starting with Fionns 75 + 76 rules going up the Nippy's and RedWolfs rules which are about the latest. Biltongs rules look good but a little complicated for most.

If you need any e-mail me with your e-mail limit if you can not find any that you need.

Rule sets I have seen are:

CMBO

Dr VonCools

Fionns 75 + 76 (ry first fo rCMBO)

Franko's Combat Rules

Robs historical Rules

Scorpio's Rules

Sardaukar's rules

CMBB

Band of Brothers

Biltongs

Nippy's (look good and are simple. try these first for CMBB)

Redwolfs Rules

Smopes rules

and lastly ???

Poor old spikes rules (see locked forum threads)

Cheers

Are those Campaign rules? (With campaign rules I associate things like the old Steel Panthers (long) campaigns.)

Redwolfs armor rules or Fionns Short 75 /Panther 76 rules are for fair PBEMs. As they are for one battle only, they are less complicated than a set of rules trying to keep track of a series of battles.

For BCR '41 there is a Java Program Biltaid to do most of the calcs, BCR '42 will soon be available as excel spreadsheet doing most of the calcs(Expect it to be ready just before CMAK :D ). IIRC ROQC has an auto-spreadsheet.

Gruß

Joachim

• 2 weeks later...

I think I am looking for the same thing that Portero is. Campaign system for CMBO play against AI for June 44 to May 45. Like the various campaign systems for CMBB. Roll dice and pick enemy type, quality, etc. Track core force, etc. I do not own CMBB but see that CMBO has less flexibility in the quick battle editor. For example I cannot edit ammo in QB, only in custom scenario. But then I don't get random for enemy force, right? Have any smart guys made a utility to somehow edit units in QB before hitting play? Anybody already worked out a CMBO campaign system? Not PBEM rules. I searched FAQ, forum, various websites. No joy. Starting my own CMBO campaign system up. We'll see...

Originally posted by NavyDiver:

I think I am looking for the same thing that Portero is. Campaign system for CMBO play against AI for June 44 to May 45. Like the various campaign systems for CMBB. Roll dice and pick enemy type, quality, etc. Track core force, etc. I do not own CMBB but see that CMBO has less flexibility in the quick battle editor. For example I cannot edit ammo in QB, only in custom scenario. But then I don't get random for enemy force, right? Have any smart guys made a utility to somehow edit units in QB before hitting play? Anybody already worked out a CMBO campaign system? Not PBEM rules. I searched FAQ, forum, various websites. No joy. Starting my own CMBO campaign system up. We'll see...

Never heard of any campaign for CMBO. If you want to do one, then you have to research (or guestimate) the following parameters:

Weather on the frontlines. Either a given path with weather for each day or week, or you allow for some randomness.

Likelihood of combat in a given month (i.e. there is a lull in October '44.

Influences how many battles are fought in a given month.

Likelihood of who attacks whom:

Who is on the offense - axis or allies

Who is fighting along your troops (aux forces from Steel Panthers...)

Whom are you fighting (Volkssturm, PzGren, ...)

How big are the battles? Only small scale fighting or the huge ones?

Correlation of these factors. Ie less fighting in rain or the attacker has more armor than the defender...

Special events (Market garden, Siegfried line etc) influence it.

What terrain was fought over.

Now mix this into some existing Rule set (e.g. BCR) and you have your own campaign. If you want to add this into BCR - feel free to do so. If you have questions - feel free to ask.

If your sig line is true... prepare to neglect your kids ...

No, just a joke. The rules don't take the time, doing some automated spreadsheet in excel takes time.

Gruß

Joachim