sdkfz 234/4

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Molotov:

why was this halftrack omitted and the puma was n't? It would be so fun to have a quick mobile 75 mm gun to flank the enemy with. is it possible to mod this in the game???? :confused:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i used to call for the inclusion of this one, but then i read that the firing of the gun would warp the chassis of the vehicle; so maybe it's a good thing they left it out.

andy

Nope there is absolutely NO way you could add vehicules to the game engine since they are hard coded.

No matter how much MODing you'd apply to them the physics of the game is always the same.

See DesertFoxDesertRat total conversion to that effect.

Or as my GrandMa would say:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>If you cut the tail off a hyena it's still a hyena...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

:D

Molotov,

The Puma is in because it was one of the very first vehicles BTS made.

Later on in the design process time became more of a factor and priorities had to be made. Thus some vehicles that would have been just as qualified as the Puma, by numbers deployed, was left out. Among those the 234/4.

And that particular one would no doubt have been found pretty far down the list in any event.

M.

They play with camo scheme and transparancy to tweak some vehicule so that they look a bit different.

The Stug for the Samovente for example.

But that's just shortening the length of a gun which quite different from taking a Wasp and making it look like a Side car...

My best bet is that they won't.

New vehicules aren't just skins or MODs as in the Quake community for example.

The actual mesh upon which the BMPs are mapped is in fact also modelling the physics and dynamics of said vehicules.

What good would it be to have a Brummbar modelled by X with Hi and Lo in quality if for the CM engine it's as good as a tree?

What makes FPS ripe for conversion is that the ACTUAL engine is open to changes, not just the graphics.

And as it has been said and again, it is not likely to happen...