Help ! Hotmail problem with PBEM

I sent the setup of a PBEM game to a player using Hotmail and I received a message telling me that :

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Your message was not delivered because the destination computer refused

to accept it (the error message is reproduced below). This type of error

is usually due to a mis-configured account or mail delivery system on the

destination computer; however, it could be caused by your message since

some mail systems refuse messages with invalid header information, or if

they are too large.

Your message was rejected by mc5.law13.hotmail.com for the following reason:

Transaction failed

I found something in the forum about Zipping files when the sender works with Hotmail,

but the file I sent him was only 2.48KB ?

How can I successfully send files when playing PBEM when my opponent works with hotmail?

Thanks

Crockett

If you have the email address correct, then it may just be Hotmail having a bad time (which happens quite a bit lately). Your opponent's Hotmail server could be down and it is refusing mail and/or attachments.

I would recommend zipping the PBEM file since it is a bit of a hassle cutting and pasting when the browser recognizes the text and opens the file.

Maximus - anyone who uses browser-based mail systems (or AOL) isn't always evil/gamey/win-at-all-costs.

Guest wwb_99

Hotmail pretty much always garbles or manipulates text files. Stay away from it. Get Yahoo! mail which is just as free, and configure your browser to use it as a POP3 server. Works very well with netscape mail.

Maximus: Some of us have web based e-mail addys because we choose to. It is really nice to be able to check my e-mail from anywhere with web access. Not to mention that half of the non business e-mail addys in the country are AOL.

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.

Guest Space Thing

My friend had troubles with PBEMing & hotmail. He dumped them and started with yahoo. Now, he doesn't have any more problems. Anyways, always use use Winzip.