Do open top Vehicles suffer any in bad weather.

I suppose it would be the same as any artillery piece. At least the crews don't have to sit in the mud. Another question would be how distorted the view through a tank's vision slits gets when it rains (if at all). If a buttoned tank can't see too well in the rain I would think an open topped vehicle would actually have an advantage. But I've never been in a tank or crewed an artillery piece, so I have no idea.

Damn good thinking there!

I would also like to see a reduction in shooting accuracy (not just visibility) in bad weather, possibly depending (as the first poster pointed out) on cover available to the gunner. A very obscure but maybe worthwhile change.

Of course, it may already be in there?

Bruce

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Maybe they do suffer, but wouldn't everyone else be suffering also? How do we model a suckage factor into the game aside from visibility and bogging?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm willing to bet it's already factored in.

Maximus thinks he's being funny - I've seen a photo of a Sherman in Italy with either an umbrella or sun parasol erected over the turret. Strictly unoffical!

I guess US tank commanders used to wear rain ponchos when in the turret hatch, and draped the hem over the hatch edge to keep rain off the turret crew.

I've seen tarps on Universal carriers, though - and I thought M7s and some of the other Allied ones had the same thing. Four poles and a flat across canvas roof.

[This message has been edited by Michael Dorosh (edited 01-21-2001).]