Should I stay or should I go?

"..If I stay there'll be trouble..."

If a scenario contains both Victory Flag(s) and an Exit Zone where I get points for exited troopas and vehicles,

should I stay and defend the VF(s) or should I go over the edge and get exit points?

The existence of both features seem a bit contrary to me.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kurtz:

"..If I stay there'll be trouble..."

If a scenario contains both Victory Flag(s) and an Exit Zone where I get points for exited troopas and vehicles,

should I stay and defend the VF(s) or should I go over the edge and get exit points?

The existence of both features seem a bit contrary to me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i sometimes do that to give the ai an incentive to advance when it is sluggish during testing.

if the briefing doesn't tell you what to do, then just do whatever makes you happy or appears more fun. or consider that if there are a lot of units that need to exit(should say "should exit for points" in info stat box) that might outweigh the 100s of points for the flags (or might not)

The briefing told me to bypass any resistance and exit my troops, my thought was that this would suffice, there would be no need for both VF(s) and Exit Zones. If I exited all troops, I would have nothing left to defend the VF with.

Luckily, my opponent surrendered, so I did not have to face this terrible dilemma!!! :D

So, you needed to "run away!" according to the briefing, but you beat your opponent. Congratulations! This is what I like to do. Check out RussMz's scenario "Decision". It's funny with different forum characters running around in it and has a good battle (Play as the Allies and make it like Bastogne, like me smile.gif)

In CM, units marked with "should exit" SHOULD also exit - otherwise your enemy is going to get points for any unit that is not exited. This can very well offset any VL's you might hold at game end. Think about it - when a large flag is worth 300 points, that's the value of maybe two tanks only...