QB requests for CM2

Hans

Yes I know its probably already been said!

A few suggestions

1. A way to save a map from a QB for future use

2. Replay feature. At the end of a delightful ly disasterous QB the ability to reset to the beginning and try it again

3. Reversal. At the end of a QB game to hit a button and play the other side!

4. Forces button. At the end a button to give you the enemy (and your forces) listed.

5. Any more ideas Gentlemen?

Hey,

Yeah, a report to the player who did not create the game which spells out the game parameters before they pick their forces (Time of day, month, type of battle, tree coverage, etc...). Not so much to prevent cheating, but simply as a courtesy to both players so the creator doesn't have to spell it out in an email, and so the non-creator knows exactly what they are getting into.

It would also be nice to bring that back up once in the game. A hotkey that would show a brief listing of the current QB setup.

Chris

------------------

What the hell is a Jagdcarcajou?

CM Recon

I could not agree more HANS.

After some really great QBs, I would love to switch sides and play it again.

One other suggestion. When buying units, I would like a row on beneath points showing points available for the particular item.

Infantry Support Vehicles

Spent 100 50 104

Alotted 200 200 220

Remaining 100 150 116

You get the idea. Thing is, I am too lazy to do the math and see exactly what else I can afford to purchase in a particular category.

Stupid lawyer quesitons:

"And these stairs that went down to the basement, did they also go up?"

Guest Michael emrys

Originally posted by Hans:

2. Replay feature. At the end of a delightful ly disasterous QB the ability to reset to the beginning and try it again

This already exists. In the Set Up screen, before you hit the Go button, save the game and give it a name you will easily recognize. Then you can go back as many times as you want!

You can do the same thing with each turn of the game as well, just remember to rename the save each time (changing the turn number will do it).

Michael

Some good ideas, thanks Michael for reminding me of the simple solution...but then you have to plan ahead!

"Bridges over water", hmmmmm, I guess you mean having the QB map program put in an occasional river with a ford and bridge-if so , YES-but I can see the coding problem for that.

Oh yes an excellent idea

A percentage chance that part of the force will arrive later-or if the objective is taken a counter-attack force will come in.

Or if the initial attack is stopped dead, a second wave might show up.

This could apply to units from the flank becoming involved.

Excellent

Guest Space Thing

Yes, it's been said before and I'll say it again:

We need a "NO Restriction" choice for troop "Quality" in a QB.

This way, we would be able to accurately depict the Battle of the Bulge in a QB. Also it wouldn't be bad to have a "Crack" unit with "Regular" troops. One already existed for "Force" and one was recently added (strangely enough) for "Type" in QBs. It really is needed.

One arguement against it is that it would make QBs unhistorical. That doesn't hold water becaude they already are unhistorical without rarity and the presence of Sturmgruppes for the German player. A person would learn real quickly that the purchasing of "Conscript" troops with "Elite" armor simply wouldn't work. An all "Regular" force would eat them alive -just like in real life IMO.

So, a "No Restriction" setting for troop quality is at the top of my list.

I submit this without ever being a member of any ladder tournament competitions. I just want CM to be as historical as possible when it comes to QBs.

Guest Rommel22

Being able to see the map before you purchase units. This would help the players choose the "right" kind of equipment for the battle.

I mean you would send scouts ahead to scout the area, so you would know what the area looks like!

It would determine if you will buy guns or not, what kind of Armor and so on!

------------------

Rommel22's War Diarys site.

http://rommel22diarys.homestead.com/MyPage1.html

"I saw 5 Germans walking down the side of the road, so I followed them for a few yard to get closer. Then I shot them! Later that day I found out the war has been over for a few weeks." - someone

Random terrain, yep

On the map I would think the defender should get an advantage here. The "map" for the defender should be the standard CM terrain which you can look at check out for LOS etc. Knowing the terrain is one of the advantages for the defense. For the offense or for both sides of a meeting engagement I'd show a #8 top side view only (paper map like style).

Another point would be beside the three sizes of maps to have one to "select your own dimensions"

Keep the ideas and comments coming

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by kiddeath:

How about *snip*or scavenging from your dead. The higher grade units,who will stay there and fight, can burn up their ammo relativly quickly.

Is already in the game. Ever noticed that your units never run out of ammo, just 'low'?

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.