Continuing locked threads elsewhere

Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

Sorry to hear about that miniatures Forum.

I'm sure you are correct when you say that there are probably dozens of cases of this same event...

It sucked, but it was right when Usenet started to self destruct under Spam and FUD, and when the Web was coming on line really fast, and those of use with GUI's were changing over anyway.

Guest MantaRay

Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Gunga Din was one of the 64 people who shot at Kennedy the day he was killed. His cover was as a CBS news caster, and his real name was Gunga Dan Rather, Gunga Din being a mistake because the Commonwealth soldier never got the hang of spelling things when using manual type writers (look at the number of times they screw up the words color, and armor.

LMAO. That reference to Dan Rather is one of the funniest things I have ever seen on this board. smile.gif

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

Click now for shelter from the Peng thread

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder

NOW by golly, we're getting into some real history! I always knew there was sumptin sneaky about Rather's toupee. Probably used it for camouflage smile.gif

Interesting story Michael Dorosh, those antidotes are what bring the war down to the every day fellow, for me anyway. And I did not know that the name Gunga Din was used during the war as vehicle graffiti. That might be something for a mod maker to consider for a Canadian vehicle. Don't have any water trucks, but hmm, what could it be used on?

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 01-27-2001).]

Originally posted by MantaRay:

LMAO. That reference to Dan Rather is one of the funniest things I have ever seen on this board. smile.gif

I was wondering if anyone would remember old Dan's little trip into the Khyber pass deisguised as a sheep or something. I think the toupe is just part of the disguise they never could get off.

Guest KwazyDog

Hi Guys,

This is a topic that comes up every few months. To say that 'The CM webboard is heavily censored as soon as they read something they do not like they lock the thread' is simply a lie. I've had many a heated discussion with people on this forum about this or that feature (included a rather heated one just lately wink.gif), but at no point did I ever even consider locking the topic. The discussion continued and I do believe some good came out of it.

On the other hand, when one of when a member of our forum started constantly posting pictures of people whom didn't survive the holocaust saying that this is what he wanted to happened to everybody, then I reacted differently. I banned him, locked his threads and called the Computer Crimes Division of the Federal Police in my area and had a good chat to SGT Allwood about the incident and how we could stop him if he came back again. Is that censorship? I guess yes, it is, but I cant understand why people would be upset about such a response.

What I think people need to remember is that this forum is like our store. Let say you went into Electronic Boutique and started a heated discussion about SS soldiers at deathcamps they probably wouldn't react at first. But when that discussion became so loud that it was putting other customers off entering their store, do you think they would ask you to leave? I know where I come from they would, and as one of those customers I would accept their reasoning and move on happily.

This is what we are doing when we lock thread. We are suggesting to you that things are becoming a little loud, customers whom might be wishing to ask questions on our forum might decide not to because of the topics currently being discussed, and would you please move the discussion on. We could ban people whom are participating in such discussions, but we don't because 9 times out of 10 people are happy and respect us for our decisions.

Dan