CM2 Abandon Vehicle order to crew

I know we have talked about this one before...

BUT

I just lost a VERY brave crew who refused to abandon their mount in the face an overwhelming infantry rush.

It was only an M8 Greyhound but they were heroes DAMN IT! Their vehicle became immobilized after taking out a hezter and two half tracks and a Wespe. I tell you they were heroes! No crew casualites suffered, but I could not save them because they were too far forward and immobilized beside a large light building that was CRAWLING with infantry. They KO'd all the AFV's in range, (mostly one shot hits) and when they got immobilized they had time to bail out, but they hung in there until they got taken out by a 'shreck and then they bailed out and then they were uncerimoniously mowed down, I felt for them I REALLY did.

Please please, Let us order our crews to bail out before the AI if we need to save them.

IT was a GREAT battle kicked the AI's butt and only had 7 KIA at the end, 4 of them were that brave crew, mowed down as they abandoned.

OR even this in that situation they could have surrenedered perhaps

Do AFV crew ever abandon AND surrender to save their own hides? I don't think so. (I'm not sure about this one) They always abandon then usually get all shot up. In CM2 can we see AFV crews surrender when their immobilized AFV is surrounded?

Sorry I just had to rant....

-tom w

[ 06-11-2001: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

I know it's only a movie but SPR shows what commonly happened to vehicle crews. I've seen many stories from both sides about shooting crews as soon as they stuck out their heads and not giving any chance to surrender. Of course there are exceptions, but that seems to be the rule from what i've seen.

More important than for vehicles is such a command for guns and mortars.

When the battle is over and you have a gun that will be overrun, you need to evacuate the crew. The crew is often more expensive than the gun itself, especilly when captured.