Are Arty Rounds Affected By Vehicle Armor Slope?

There he goes again..

Why not put the theory to the test with the same shell rexford? Us a 75mmL48 and a 75mmL24. These two weapons fire the same HE shell.

Its confounding that you rattle off these posts with mixing of theories, shells, velocities and lots of 'probablys' thrown in.

Last time you ran away cause you had to finish your book. Well maybe your book is done and you can back up what you have to say?

Lewis

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Username:

I applaud your approach but feel the angle is the reason for the difference.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, it's nice to know that graduate work wasn't a total waste of money.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Most people ignore that the shell is spinning. Just as a sidenote, it can be in the 10's of thousands of RPM. Its effect does not change the pattern in the pics, but it would offset the angle somewhat from the fragments on the side of the shell.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now I'm confused. I would expect that the angular momentum imparted by the spin would not change the pattern of dispersion, but would increase the magnitude.

Compare it to the hammer throw. An athlete spinning at X rpm will throw it Y distance. An athlete spinning at more than X rpm will throw it farther all other things being equal.

You could normalize two sets of results (spinning versus not) to compare dispersion patterns (similar to what statistical Z scores accomplish), but I would still expect a higher magnitude of distance travelled for fragments from a spinning shell.

Lewis AKA Username:

I'd find your posts and posed questions more interesting if they didn't have an inherent edge to them, even where none is called for. You have strong opinions but your gleeful tendency to put down others wears one out and keeps me (for one) from wanting to tangle with you even when the topic is one I find intruiging. I'm not a wuzz, mind you, I confront people for a living, but I value civility and I see precious little coming from you. Can you see any utility in lightening up a bit?