COMBAT MISSIONS: MODS! - Revised Shermans, by Tiger !

Being the perfectionist that he is, Tiger has been hard at work touching up the bmp's on the Sherman mod he released last week (04/20/01).

In Kump/DraGoon style, here's a comparision between the old and the new:-

OLD VERSION

oldsherman.jpg

NEW VERSION

newsherman.jpg

Hopefully you can see from these screenshots that the new one is little more detailed.

This version now replaces the one posted on the site previously and because virtually all bmps have been altered i can't provide you with just an update - you will have to d/l the whole lot again i'm afraid.

Enjoy!.

[ 04-25-2001: Message edited by: Manx ]

Tiger,

Wow! That's a nice mod.

Time to show my ignorance. I see you put the hole in the front of the "gun shield" (or whatever it's supposed to be called...the piece of metal at the base of the main gun). I have seen these holes on several tanks. What are they called and what were they used for?

Doug, the co-axial machinegun has to poke out of some hole ;)

In pictures where you don't see the mg sticking out it's simply been removed from its mount (for cleaning and to keep it out of the elements I think).

Many tanks also have small holes for the optics, some use periscopes etc.

-Tiger

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Williams:

Ahhh, so that hole directly to the left of the main gun in your above picture is the hole for the coaxial mg? I suppose "coaxial" means the mg can be pointed along two axis....up/down and right/left?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, Coaxial means that it is mounted along the same axis as the main gun, usually in the main gun mantlet as opposed to Bow MGs which are mounted in the front of the hull. There are also Flexible MGs which are mounted near the TC (Tank Commander) cupola so that the TC can move it around to shoot at anything including aircraft.

[ 04-26-2001: Message edited by: Cubbies Phan ]