Any chance of a Random force type making it into Quick Battles?

Guest Mongo Lloyd

Guest Mongo Lloyd

I think it would be quite interesting to play games where you did not know what type of force you would be facing and I would think it would be fairly easy to implement.

OR

-Why does your force have to be made up from only two of the different experience levels?

I'd like to insert that lone elite tank with several veteran tanks and some regular infantry. Add in a crack AT gun crew with some conscript panzerscreck/ bazooka/MG teams. Certainly the Germans attacked in the Ardennes with a wide variety of experienced troops. They weren't all SS. Many were eastern European conscripts.

A greater variety to choose like we can when we pick nationality/ branch of service would be nice.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mongo Lloyd:

I think it would be quite interesting to play games where you did not know what type of force you would be facing and I would think it would be fairly easy to implement.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is'nt this already available in Quick Battles. You select NO RESTRICTION and COMPUTER SELECTED and the computer picks the forces. confused.gif

Huh? This entire thread is not making much sense to me. Is it now random, and mixed experience levels, along with mixed branch of service, Heer/Waffen SS/Hampstertruppen combinations?

Time for lunch...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob/1:

Man that last guy missed the boat. They want to be able to pich forces like in the editor!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Headcount

Good thread.

95% of the CM battles I play are Quick generated. I love that feature.

The more randomness options the better. Random force option, multi-experience opponents, and how about random handicaps - you could set handicap to RANDOM + or RANDOM -. The way it works now you know roughly what to expect from an opponent. I find myself thinking....'AI probably has another tank because it was set to +25%' which is a bit gamey.

The idea of facing a foe that might be +10% or then again could be +200% is appealing.

Also I would like to see a random option in the map type, tree coverage, and hilliness selectors.

It shouldn't be that difficult to impliment and in my opinion would all contribute to making the best wargame better still.

Guest Mongo Lloyd

What I am talking about Dirtweasle, is an option for 'Random' mixed in with Combined Arms, Infantry, Armored and Mechanized when selecting the type of force that will be used. As it is now, you know the basic force type you will be facing when you are buying your forces so you can tailor your purchases to suit that force type.

If you are defending against an armored force it is a good idea to load up on anti-tank guns but if you are facing an infantry attack you would not want to do that.

The random option would more accurately simulate fog of war and I think it would add to the excitement of the game because you would truly be in the dark as to what you are up against until contact is made.

I think it would be great not knowing whether your opponent has any armor. As it is now if you are playing a combined arms Quick Battle you can pretty much figure that you are going to be facing tanks and plan accordingly. Not knowing adds to the tension. Even if you have the computer pick the forces for you you can still make assumptions based on the category of forces you will be facing.

BTS, is there any reason you would not want to include a random option?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob/1:

Man that last guy missed the boat. They want to be able to pich forces like in the editor!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woops did I say pich...hehe pic you know chose!

LOL... Mongo Lloyd??

Sounds suspicously like "mongoloid", which could be a dodgy name for someone playing on the Nazi side in a game of CM.

===

I think a random battle idea as an extension of the Quick Battle would be nice for play against the computer, but against human players it is best to play with weaponary which you know.

Guest Mongo Lloyd

Even a simple option that would have a random chance of giving you an Infantry, Mechanised, Armored or Combined Arms force would add a little spice to the Quick Battles.