Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Routine Maintainence

This has to be the most rediculous thing I've seen in this game. Apparently, while rifle squads carry an infinite supply of grenades, panzershreks, and I'm assuming other weapon teams as well, carry none. I had a frustrating incident today while playing the Carentan V2 scenario. After ambushing a T8 scout car, and killing it's commander with a sniper, my hidden P.S.'s opened up at fairly close range. Due to the armored car's movement; however, they all missed, eventually using up all of their charges. The shocked vehicle got stupid and backed right into the stand of pines where my P.S.'s were camped out, and then it just sat there facing away from my troops. I took two teams of P.S.'s and snuck them up right behind it, but to my endless dismay, they just sat there and looked at it. Thinking maybe I could sneak aboard the annoying armored vehicle, I pressed my two teams closer, in fact, inside the vehicle :mad:. Instead of climbing inside the open topped car commando style and bludgeoning the Ami's to death, they hung around underneath the car, performing routine maintanence I'm sure (checking the oil, etc.) Could someone explain this horrible occurence?

-P.S. (Post Scriptum, not Panzershrek this time) if you go down to lvl 1 view behind the armored car, you can see the crew-guy-person-soldier-man's feet, very Flinstoney! :confused:

Did you target the vehicle or just use the move command when you moved your unit forward? A panzerschrek and other missle type devices such as the PIAT do not arm until they are some yards away, thus they will not target things that are too close.

When large calibre weapons, like the Panzerschreck and on map mortars, are EMPTY, they really are EMPTY.

Totally out of ammo, not a single pistol round or hand grenade for self defence or anything...

Small arms units, like infantry, get LOW on ammo. They can continue fighting with a very reduced ROF, and I guess they can use an ambush as well.

Cheers

Olle

Indeed, once panzerschrecks are empty, there's nothing more you can do with them as far a assualting vehicles goes. Back them out and run for the hills.

They will engage in hand to hand combat, though. I had a piat team kill two crewmen in a PBEM once in HTH. My opponent sent them over to deal with the anti-tank threat, since they had just been relieved of the armor they were driving :D.

They came charging over, brandishing their pistols, and my piat guys just kicked their behinds. It was definitely adding insult to injury as far as my opponent was concerned. I thought it was simply beautiful.

[ 04-23-2001: Message edited by: Mr. Hankey ]