Am I better than most?

So far I've secured:

Tutorial total victory (Allies)

Aachen major victory (Allies)

Drop to Destiny draw (Allies)

The one that begins with a report of a glider crash, Germans defending against British paratroops: minor victory (Axis)

Small Gain (training) tactical victory (Allies)

All these are against the AI on default settings. Does that make me good, or just average?

What I've learned the painful (but still fun!) way, is that no matter how often you can kick the AI's butt, the true test comes against human players. If you play the AI often enough, major and total victories come pretty easily. Not so against human oppenents.

------------------

War is cruel and you cannot refine it. --Sherman

purely average.

Played some test-games for a setup i wanted to try on meeting engagments and in 5 turns had suffered no casualties and killed all the AI armor.. it's pretty easy to do really wink.gif

Try a human, then the hurting begins

PeterNZ

------------------

"I can be quite pleasant, you know" - Andreas

"WHERE'S THE MOAT?!" - Jon

You haven't really played CM until you go without sleep for at least two days and you depend on black coffee for tactical decisions! Yeah baby yeah! I mean not like I would ever do that!

------------------

There was a long silence of rememberance for the dead, to which I added these names:

Ernst Neubach, Lensen, Wiener, Wesreidau, Prinz, Solma, Hoth, Olensheim, Sperlovski, Smellens, Dunde, Kellerman, Freivitch, Ballers, Frosch, Woortenbeck, Siemenlies...

I refuse to add Paula to that list, and I shall never forget the names of Hals, or Lindberg, or Pferham, or Wollers. Their memory lves within me.

There is another man, whom I must forget. He was called Guy Sajer.

Most scenarios in CM are balanced for human v. human play. Against the AI, I usually give the AI a +1 bonus in experience and a +25% bonus in force strength. This tends to even the odds somewhat. To simulate a big attack (or to make things desperate for you), you might even double the enemy force size.

The AI tends to be better on defense than on attack. Also, of course, if you have already played a scenario through once, you have a huge advantage over the AI (which has no memory of previous games).

I've had CM put up a very good fight several times. It's certainly better than any other AI I've seen.

Martyr

Looks like you've got the hang of it but maybe you want to bump up the setting to make it more challenging. I've been playing at +25% and +1 level for the computer and have got something like 10 draws in a row.

Makes it much harder to get those wins.

p.